It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post subject: Re: What sort of things would you like to see
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:53 pm 
Entity

nothere wrote:
The key is finding what sets you apart and making it work.

As a new member, tell me. What does set our forum apart from the other creepypasta places?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:09 pm 
Creep

Well, having not been here long makes it kind of hard for me to say. But off the bat there seems to be a more active, engaged, passionate, and intelligent community here than anywhere else. I found you guys on the second page of a Google search for "Creepypasta" and pretty much everything I found before hand was either a static page or a Wiki of some sort.

I think Creepypasta is young and unknown enough that there is still a niche for just being the creepypasta place. You're off to a good start with the community, just need to rev things up a bit. A consistent offering of worthwhile content (from the community or in the form of "articles" from the page itself) along with some new venues (YouTube, Facebook, etc) will go a long way.

That is just my take though. I may not know what I'm talking about. Hope I've been some help!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 pm 
Entity

I agree. We do have a good group of people here when they actually do things. We have been rather inactive lately, but I want to see that change soon. It would be nice to see more people come in and add things. Everybody working together as a community instead of just a handful of people doing all the work overall.

If we could get more people to work like Raven has been lately (keep up the great work, zo), this could be an even better place for creepypasta.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:49 am 
Ghost

nothere wrote:
Well, having not been here long makes it kind of hard for me to say. But off the bat there seems to be a more active, engaged, passionate, and intelligent community here than anywhere else. I found you guys on the second page of a Google search for "Creepypasta" and pretty much everything I found before hand was either a static page or a Wiki of some sort.

I think Creepypasta is young and unknown enough that there is still a niche for just being the creepypasta place. You're off to a good start with the community, just need to rev things up a bit. A consistent offering of worthwhile content (from the community or in the form of "articles" from the page itself) along with some new venues (YouTube, Facebook, etc) will go a long way.

That is just my take though. I may not know what I'm talking about. Hope I've been some help!

It's good to know that even new people have this kind of perspective.

What exactly do the members have to do, btw? Advertise or refine pasta-cooking? I'm guessing both, though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 am 
Entity

No to the first. Advertise, word the spread, get us noticed if you want to; but it isn't the members' responsibility to do that.

Yes to the second. Write, post, create, collaborate, get to talking, join in on the discussions, make this forum active. Not just the new members, but the old members as well. We need people do things.

And not just the creepypasta. We like an active off-topic talk section as well. This isn't just a place to post or do things with creepypasta. Be social. Talk about yourself, things you like, things you're participating in elsewhere, etc, etc. We can be assholes (some more than others), but at the core, this is a decent bunch of people. They're not going to make the first move, so you'll have to do the work and be persistent (most likely), but you'll break through eventually. I've seen it happen.

So if you're new here, don't be afraid to step up and do something. But if you've been here for awhile, especially those of you who have been here since the beginning, show them how it's done (don't be lazy, zo).

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 am 
Butthurt

My life is sort of...happening now, uh, so I find it difficult to even remember to check the forum. I have lurked a few times over the past 6 months but I often have something else on my mind. I haven't read the pastas but I am very happy to spend some time doing that and working on critiquing and helping people improve. That's always good.

The blogspot is key. Most of our externally posted stuff is lifted from there. If we can find a better way to get our best stories of the month out there, out of the lower bowel of the internet and at least closer to the **** of the internet then we might get better.

I would propose working with the creepypasta wiki guys and I would also suggest posting weekly updates of pastas on /x/ and linking said pastas to this site or perhaps signing off "terror tortellini". The problem, of course, is that you open the doors to 4chan.

I've always believed that my biggest contribution to this site was Fairfield. Those stories were ideal and I could easily have created a bigger series but some time last year - at the point when I promised to come in and take over that area - I had a pretty uncomfortable shake up with writers block and haven't even been able to form any good ideas. There are a lot of themes that I could pick up on but even the thought of sitting down and writing something (which often takes me 2-3 hours) is draining.

2-3 hours is about all I have to myself on the average weekday right about now so it'd be hard going.

That said, I am going to make the effort to return to the site and be an active contributor more-so in the storywriting/creepypasta/creepy **** areas where we can talk about horror.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:13 pm 
Entity

Scotty wrote:
I've always believed that my biggest contribution to this site was Fairfield. Those stories were ideal and I could easily have created a bigger series but some time last year - at the point when I promised to come in and take over that area - I had a pretty uncomfortable shake up with writers block and haven't even been able to form any good ideas. There are a lot of themes that I could pick up on but even the thought of sitting down and writing something (which often takes me 2-3 hours) is draining.

Does this mean I can scrub the whole project off of the forum and we can make room for possibly something else similar some time in the future? Start from scratch using the lessons we learned from what happened? Maybe something new that could be the thing that sets us apart from other creepypasta communities and brings everybody here together like Fairfield was supposed to do?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 pm 
Butthurt

Vaughn wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Does this mean I can scrub the whole project off of the forum and we can make room for possibly something else similar some time in the future? Start from scratch using the lessons we learned from what happened? Maybe something new that could be the thing that sets us apart from other creepypasta communities and brings everybody here together like Fairfield was supposed to do?

Yeah, I would do that.

It would be a shame to lose some of the better stories though so authors should be given a chance to move them into the creepypasta section or make sure they are saved to hard drives.

We could do it again from scratch but this time take it a bit more slowly, perhaps, and be methodical with it. Why not create a website for Fairfield/Ashfield that allows us to categorize stories and post them away from the forum?

It could just be another blogspot.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm 
Entity

[quote="Scotty"]We could do it again from scratch but this time take it a bit more slowly, perhaps, and be methodical with it. Why not create a website for Fairfield/Ashfield that allows us to categorize stories and post them away from the forum?

This could be an idea to work with, but we don't have to do anything with any of this at the moment. You just got back and I got **** coming up myself soon.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:52 am 
Butthurt

[quote="Vaughn"][quote="Scotty"]We could do it again from scratch but this time take it a bit more slowly, perhaps, and be methodical with it. Why not create a website for Fairfield/Ashfield that allows us to categorize stories and post them away from the forum?

This could be an idea to work with, but we don't have to do anything with any of this at the moment. You just got back and I got **** coming up myself soon.

There's plenty of time. Give me a while to prove that I can be consistent. I would like to get some new stories up in the creepypasta section and do some reading around the forums. Afterwards I'm quite happy to set aside some time and work at changing it slightly. You get through your **** and we'll work it out afterwards.

If nobody objects, I would like to select some pastas to post on /x/ and see if that gathers momentum. I won't directly advertise the site but will gauge responses and see what people have to say. I'll take them from the blogspot first.

We should remember that the forum is more or less built around the creepypasta foundation and that although projects such as Fairfield are good for us, our fundamental core is that board and the opportunity for others to write stories.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:55 am 
Cool and Spicy

My advice with /x/, don't start your own thread. Just find whatever CP thread is currently up and join in.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am 
Butthurt

CheshireStray wrote:
My advice with /x/, don't start your own thread. Just find whatever CP thread is currently up and join in.

I think that's wise.

Subtlety tends to attract the best people anyway.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:37 pm 
Entity

I know this isn't the sort of thread for this, but I didn't feel like making a new thread for it and this way there is a better chance that people see it.

Considering the busy offline lives of the various people in charge of moderating the forum around here, I have decided to appoint two new mods. Rather than going through a selection process like I suggested months ago, I went with who I felt would do a good job (also I listened to some recommendations as well). So from this day until indefinitely, our two newest global moderators will be The 44th Raven and Roader (our former Shepherds).

A note to the members: Be respectful to them (to a certain extent; you don't have to kiss their asses). I chose them for a reason.

A note to the new mods: Do not abuse your powers. I can and will wipe your existence off the face of the board (only sorta kidding).

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 am 
King of Tryhards

congrats to the two of you

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:06 pm 
Phantasm

Thinking on it, I like Scotty's idea of using 4chan's community. If we apply Ches's idea to it, then we should have a good way to weed out the dumber members of 4chan from it and find the diamonds.

As to expanding - I think we should do that but have it in its own sub-boards.

Am I Sane?

Am I insane?

Come on, shoot faster,
Just a little bit of energy!
I wanna try something fun right now,
I guess some people call it anarchy!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 am 
Entity

The domain name expires on December 11th. Something should be decided between now and then about what we're going to do so that I'll feel like paying to renew the domain name (or pay for a new one if the decision involves a name change).

Hate to be a ***** like that, but I really need some motivation to continue doing this payless job for much longer.

(P.S. I'm not saying I should be paid for this or that people should start doing so or anything like that. But I do have other priorities.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 am 
Ghost

I think if we summarize the ideas posted here, we'd end in a pretty convincing idea. I don't want this to change genre or anything, we just need to make something out of them.
-Branch out to other genres (will lose niche and end up like the others but will remove the limiting)
-Youtube channel for best stories here (generally, lots of people enjoy more by watching/listening but that's not my case), suggested that we send voice overs or stuff like that
-Do not branch out but welcome other kinds of horror that are not limited to Creepypasta (novels and ****)

Why not create Ashfield with more people involved? I kind of like the thought that if we pull off a very awesome Mythos or some sort, we'd actually be raking more people in here exponentially. A high-rated pasta or a spectacular Youtube vid about it will help. I know it's easy for me to say 'cause I don't really do much but comment, critic and post stuff I just feel like, but I got hyped from that Mythos idea created by "a brilliant community of people from TerrorTortellini/".

I just can't shake off the feeling that we already have lots of talent here, only that we also have separate lives like study, work and games and all. I really hope this forum stays(and I'm pretty sure a lot of people hope the same). Even "nothere", a new member, gave us a good reason. "There is a surprising lack of worthwhile Creepypasta communities." This community sits on top of that tower of absence.

"The key is finding what sets you apart and making it work." We already have what sets us apart. We just have to do the second part. We'd love to contribute in any way we can, it's just that we don't really know where to start. We kind of got contented with the sort of slow-chat and occasional ghost story telling here and there, so improvement wasn't really in our minds back then.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:46 pm 
Butthurt

[quote="Vaughn"]The domain name expires on December 11th. Something should be decided between now and then about what we're going to do so that I'll feel like paying to renew the domain name (or pay for a new one if the decision involves a name change).

Hate to be a ***** like that, but I really need some motivation to continue doing this payless job for much longer.

(P.S. I'm not saying I should be paid for this or that people should start doing so or anything like that. But I do have other priorities.)

How much does it cost?

Report this post