It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Urban legends from your neck of the woods.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:09 pm 
Entity

OH HO. I SEE WHAT YOU D--

No. I mean, entirely made-up by you specifically.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:19 pm 
Entity

http://strangemaine.blogspot.com/2007/10/local-urban-legends.html

I like to think I'd come up with something less pants-on-head retarded.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 am 
Phantasm

Scotty wrote:

I am a cheese-head at heart, though!

Thanks to Ritch and Marcus, the two wisconson boys I lived with in Penn.

I'll take it. As long as you're rooting for the Packers, you're all right in my book.
-sigh- I just wish we had a hockey team. The Admirals really aren't my favorite.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:05 pm 
Queen Orgasma

aSmallGreenBug wrote:
Of course, there's Gilson road cemetery, which is conveniently right down the road from where I am. Walking distance.

My dad has a cemetery within walking distance of his house as well! crazy!

It's actually right in FRONT of his house. It's sorrounded by a 6ft fence, since kids would always try and get in and be douchebags.

I know I've told this story in the IRC before, but for those who weren't around for it, story goes that Pleasanton (the town where my dad lives) was stricken by a bad measles epidemic in the early 20th century and a lot of kids started dying. (This fact is confirmed since a lot of the headstones in the cemetery are for children and babies, the youngest was a one-and-a-half year old.)
well, anyway, kids keep dying left and right, even after a quarantine was issued and so the town gets desperate, since it seems that God isn't answering any of their prayers. Story goes they start praying to a demon of some sort. Nobody knows who gave them the idea to do that, though. According to the legend, the townspeople even went as far as to make an altar for this demon in the woods behind the cemetery. Then the epidemic seemed to have passed, so the townspeople destroyed the altar with a crowbar, and then a pretty bad drought followed.

A lot of the older people in town will say that the legend is bullshit, even when a lot of the younger kids tell them that they saw a large limestone boulder in the woods behind the cemetery.

I was planning on going to take some pics but I'm too pussy to do it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 pm 
Phantasm

armaneaux wrote:
so the townspeople destroyed the altar with a crowbar

Crowbars can solve all your problems, even demons.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:06 pm 
Good news, everyone!

amommynoose wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I am a cheese-head at heart, though!

Thanks to Ritch and Marcus, the two wisconson boys I lived with in Penn.

I'll take it. As long as you're rooting for the Packers, you're all right in my book.
-sigh- I just wish we had a hockey team. The Admirals really aren't my favorite.

Wisconsin, football AND hockey fan??!!?!?

Why you gotta hate on the Admirals though? It's fun to go watch a game and because it's not NHL, you don't have to pay a fortune for tickets. On the other hand, it's not the NHL. ha.

I just can't bring myself to root for a chicago team, so the blackhawks are out. And I nigh-hate the red wings. My team of choice?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 pm 
Phantasm

Ahh, see I love the Redwings. Penguins, to me, have one element that they rely on- Crosby. And the team is practically built around him. I love the Redwings because they have a great team dynamic. But yeah, the Admirals are fun, to a point. But I love seeing uber-competittion between real athletes.

Myself, I play hockey, too. But I hate the girls on the high school team, so I play in the off-season for local club leagues. And then during winter I figure skate.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:36 pm 
Good news, everyone!

Nice! I grew up playing hockey (kindergarten to like, 6th grade?) Played a little intramural in college. Good times.

Also, eh, to each their own, but I've been a Pen's fan since the days of Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr and Tom Barrasso. 1991/1992 back to back Stanley cup champs! Everyone's always quick to be all "ooh, crosby fan eh?" Nope. Rockin the Fleury jersey!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm 
Phantasm

All right, then you're okay in my book... BEST FRIEND.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:42 pm 
Good news, everyone!

Hooray!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 pm 
Butthurt

Man you guys totally went off-tangent from my awesome Witch's Eyes and Nose story.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 pm 
Queen Orgasma

Scotty wrote:
Man you guys totally went off-tangent from my awesome Witch's Eyes and Nose story.

Scotty wrote:
Man you guys totally went off-tangent

Scotty wrote:
off-tangent

why does this surprise ya?

I kid, I kid.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:54 pm 
Phantasm

Oops. Here's another one from my school that's fairly recent, and that I myself have experienced. Perhaps it's more of a ghost story than an urban legend, but whatevs.

In May of 2007, one of our teachers died. This wasn't a normal death. He was perfectly healthy, 42, and had been on a hiking trip with his family. As they were about to crest a mountain, Mr. B had a sudden, intense and stabbing headache. His family rushed him to the hospital, where they ran tests and MRI's until a final diagnosis came out: Mr. B had terminal brain cancer, which had shown no symptoms until the previous day. When he'd peaked at this mountain, a combination of low pressure and the growing tumor in his brain prompted some bleeding. It was unsure how long he would live.

Of course, his family rushed him back to Wisconsin. I remember him coming into school, frail, pale, and being pushed in a wheelchair. There was our Dean of Students, sitting there and dying in front of our eyes. He only stayed at school for about half an hour, then went back home. He died that night.

The thing is, Mr. B has a look-a-like. They could be twins. They were of similar height and had very similar faces, and their hair was pretty much the exact same shade and in the same stage of balding. One day, about a year after Mr. B passed, I walked up to his twin, Mr. J, and tapped him on the shoulder. Mr. J turned around, smiled, and promptly walked right through me. I turned around, and he was gone.

...Yeah. Freaked the shit right out of me when it happened. I hesitated to put this up there, but why not. Other students have reported similar things happening. They'll think they're talking to Mr. J, when all of a sudden he's not there anymore. It happens mostly around Mr. B's old office, and in the alcove named after him. Hell, I don't know if y'all will believe it, but it's true as true can be.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:20 am 
Spook

There is a forest about ten minutes from my house, I've been to it a few times. The only thing I can really confirm is that when you enter the forest, you get a sense of dread like the legends say and I've heard a child giggle while I was alone in it.

There isn't really a story, just that a little girl drowned in the water around it, and people were hung there. I forgot to mention I found a carved down tree with uh, discriminating things carved into it to say the least. It's apparently the said 'hanging tree' and I only saw it once out of the three times I've been there.

It's creepy as fuck, but I think most of it could be the power of thought or whatever the term is.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:50 pm 
Ghost

I'm from Chicago so bajillions of urban legends. I'd be surprised if no one had heard of Resurrection Mary. But my favorite is the one about the cemetery near my house. A circus train crashed and a fuckload of people died and were buried there, and they say you can hear the ghosts of elephants and lions there at night, which is absolutely untrue, as no animals died in the train crash. People blame the noises on Brookfield Zoo, but that is also ridiculous, as the cemetery is a couple miles from the zoo, separated by a forest and residential area and a couple of ridiculously loud busy streets. So there are either other dead elephants wandering around or a lot of lying witnesses.

A better one is the haunted rec center, where I used to go to middle school dances. Prior to it being a rec center it was a nightclub of some sort that played big band music. Brilliant in a quiet suburb. But after the club was demolished, the police would still get noise complaints about big band music at night, and supposedly you can still hear it today in the rec center (I mostly heard heavily edited top 40 hits so IDK).

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:44 am 
Ghost

Here's an old favorite of mine

http://www.tntcarden.com/tree/ensor/Car ... itter.html

.emaN yht eb dewollaH
,nevaeh ni tra hcihw ,rehtaF ruO

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:48 pm 
Phantasm

There's a park in my town, with a few miles of walking trails through the woods.

Now there's one "main" trail which is basically just a straight mile and a half of gravel. But branching off of the main trail are smaller trails, not much bigger than game trails. Those are the fun ones, they run along side the creek and there are some landmarks, like the remains of an old bridge, and tree that is wrapped in aluminum for no reason. We used to use these trails for war games a couple years ago.

ANYWAY, the woods don't have any backstory that I know of, like I said there's the remains of a bridge and some other small structures but I haven't the slightest clue if there's any significant history. Regardless of the lack of history, there's a lot of stories of strange happenings in the woods. I've had one experience, a friend of mine was actually sent to the emergency room because he was in shock because he saw something.

I believe I've told both of these before, but I'll tell them again just in case.

My story was fairly uneventful. I was just walking with a buddy of mine on the side trails along the creek. We're near the remains of the bridge which is a stone pillar about 12 feet tall jutting from the middle of the creek, and two stone landings on either side of teh creek banks. Anyway, we're getting close and talking about some bullshit, I'm constantly looking around and glancing behind us because I do that. I look at where the pillar is, look behind me at some noise, probably a squirrel or rabbit or whatever, and when I look back I see someone standing on the pillar. I couldn't make out much other than she was blonde and looked like she was wearing an old timey night gown or white dress. My eyes are locked on it and I can barely speak right, I'm trying to get my friends attention so he can look, but I can't form the words. I lose sight of the pillar behind some brush, and when I come out the other side, the girl is gone. Obviously no signs of anyone near.

Now the other story I don't know a lot about, he doesn't talk about it much. I wasn't present, so everything about what exactly he saw is second hand. But basically they were out playing our games, this guy was on his own trying to find people, and came across... something in the brush. I only heard it described as a massive, four legged shadow with glowing red eyes. Like I said, it's all second hand so take it with a grain of salt but he supposedly got into some dark shit when he was younger, so seeing weird stuff wasn't uncommon to him. But whatever he saw in those woods put him in enough shock to go to the hospital.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:11 am 
King of Tryhards

There is nothing paranormal where I live.

Or near where I live.

Or in the country.

Unless you count Taniwha.

I don't.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:42 am 
Made of Glass

Thank God you posted to notify us of this.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next