It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Things That Terrified You as a Kid
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:47 pm 
Creep

Ren and Stimpy made me cry when I was young. I was always pretty dark in nature of thinking due to...well..various reasons so alot of things that scared other kids didn't really phaze me. For example resident evil...courage the cowardly dog, Loved it to pieces. No fear at any point. Ever.

But Ren and Stimpy aired one episode where they all went into Stimpy belly button. I had a pretty big fear of watching people be absorbed, that and storys ending. When I see a TV show end or a story-I don't think "and they lived a happy live..or..and so general life continued. For some reason I always jumped at "there life ends there...?" I guess it sort of applied that to everything. So watching two characters just dissappear into someone else had this sort of...deep melancholy feel to it that kind of broke me. It felt like...

right. When coupled with the life end there ideal of endings, it kind of had this twisted 1 they were devoured- 2 they were both consumed by a physical issue of Stimpy(gluttony, sickness, death, addiction) or 3 that they sacreficing flesh for someone elses. It sounds pretty stupid and over analysing I guess. But Its the only reason I could think of why I was scared of it, because it generally shocked, depressed and scared me at the time.

Or maybe I was just having a hissy fit. Who knows.I don't remember my child hood so well.

Uh. I can't think of anything else right now. I guess silent hill and the suffering, since I played those waaaaaay underage but screw rules, right. Darkness- too over active imagination-

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:04 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I already mentioned this in the irc, but when I was ~10/11, I started having really intense nightmares about the last five seconds of Deliverance. Nothing else about that film kept me up, but that scene with the serene waters and then OH SHIT A HAND SHOOTS UP just really stuck with me.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm 
Creep

I don't know why, because when I watch it today I find this kind of cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7dcbIKvlw

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 am 
Spook

Bumping this because I recall three game shows that horrified me. Not necessarily when I was young.

First one aired on ABC, called The Chair. Basically the contestant would be hooked up to a heartrate finder test. They had to both answer questions and they'd throw random shit at you (pyrotechnic explosions, smoke, etc.) and if your heartrate went above a certain rate then you'd be disqualified. This was probably a bit tame looking back, but when I was younger I literally wrote a letter saying it was screwed up. I'm not entirely sure how I went from that pussy to the guy reading creepypasta all the time.

Second one aired on FOX around the same time, called The Chamber. Before the game, you were offered $500 dollars just to quit, no one took it though. The contestants had to answer the questions while in a chamber. Torture chamber, I mean. There were two chambers the player could choose from to answer questions in:

First one was the heat chamber. From Wikipedia:
Spoiler:
The inside temperature would begin at 110°F (43°C) and increase to 170°F (66°C) by the end of the round.
Muscle contractors would work at progressively greater intervals as the contest proceeded.
A simulated earthquake would shake the player (Richter scale 5.0 to begin, going all the way up to 9.0)
The chair would begin to rotate back and forth (level two), then up and down, through 270 degrees, and finally it would spin in complete circles.
On the last show, foul odors would be piped in after the fourth round.
Wind gusts of 55 mph (88.5 k/h) joined in at level four.

Cold Chamber:
Spoiler:
The inside temperature would begin at 30°F (-1°C) and decrease to -20°F (-29°C) by the end of the round.
Muscle contractors would work at progressively greater intervals as the contest proceeded.
A simulated earthquake would shake the player (Richter scale 5.0 to begin, going all the way up to 9.5)
Instead of rotating, water jets would squirt the player, causing ice to form on the player.
Wind gusts of 55 mph (88.5 k/h) joined in at level four.

Matt Vasgersian, formerly of Sports Geniuses, was originally slated to host, but was disgusted by the show's premise and left before it even premiered. No one actually won the $100,000 grand prize.

I have no idea what FOX was thinking with that show.

I'm also unsure what they were thinking when they made Solitary. Wikipedia describes it as "Solitary is a reality show on the Fox Reality Channel whose contestants were kept in round-the-clock solitary confinement for a number of weeks with the goal of being the last contestant remaining in solitary, for a $50,000 prize. "

Basically the contestants were stuck in about a kitchen-sized room with no bed. They weren't allowed to sleep or speak to anyone. The host (which was a HAL-esque computer) fucked with them all the time and on top of that they had to do a bunch of challenges, among other things being STANDING ON A BED OF NAILS, drinking vials of jalapeno peppers, wear a ball gag for as long as possible, etc.

Money makes people do crazy shit.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:20 am 
Ghost

my insane maternal grandmother is and has always been what I now know to be a hoarder. As a kid I thought she had tons of the coolest stuff, with some exceptions. She had a giant snake sculpture made out of aluminum foil. It was hand painted and looked like a 15 foot long cobra, and was pretty realistic. She kept it in her basement, and I found it before she could show us....

Then she started making dolls. It got weirder when she started making the same doll face/head over and over, telling us that this one was me, or my brother, or my uncle Mike, or whatever. they all looked EXACTLY THE SAME!! they even all had blue eyes, despite the fact that most of the family on that side, including my mom, and even my little brother, had brown eyes. The dolls didn't look like anyone in the family's baby pictures.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH
,nevaeh ni tra hcihw ,rehtaF ruO

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:39 am 
Made of Glass

That second thing sounds like a pasta waiting to happen, if it hasn't already happened.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 am 
Ghost

I've thought about it. Maybe some time. I also just remembered this

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am 
Spook

Oh, my God, I will PAY you to write creepy-dollface-pasta.

I remember Mr. G being pretty creepy too.

Not sure I mentioned this yet, but am I the only one who was terrified of 'The Neverending Story'? Not the Nothing; I could deal with that. But the freaking child-molester-talking luck dragon scared the everloving hell out of me.

balderdashed and mirror-slashed for want of Wonderland.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 am 
Ghost

I luuuurves me some never ending story. still. I'm letting ideas brew for a story about my insane grandmother and the dolls. I sort of feel guilty about it though.
oh well, maybe that will make it a better story.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:22 pm 
Creep

When I was a kid, there was this faded stop sign at the end of the road which, for some reason, terrified me to the point of dreading the drive home from school every day. I used to duck under the seat just so I wouldn't have to look at it. Nothing strange or bizarre ever happened, of course, and there was no real, logical reason for me to be afraid of it. It was just creepy.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:42 pm 
Ghost

Remember that old show Cat-Dog? That was messed up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:43 pm 
Cool and Spicy

Don't be talking shit about catdog.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 pm 
Entity

Both of them talked shit all the time.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm 
Ghost

No hate, it was just uber trippy.
But I also just remembered that one show Rocko's Modern life.
That was 10 times freakier.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Courage the Cowardly Dog was pretty freaky too.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:03 pm 
Cool and Spicy

Courage was scary in a brilliant intentional way. It had a soul that every cartoon should strive to have.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 pm 
Dragonfly

Broseph Malaka wrote:
But I also just remembered that one show Rocko's Modern life.
That was 10 times freakier.

I loved RML. The one episode where Heffer got a job as a security guard was a bit creepy though, especially for little kids who had never seen The Shining.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:59 am 
Creep

my great aunt used to scare me pretty bad >.> she lived in this typical old creepy looking house with her daughter who had anorexia...I mostly remember going there and seeing her looking like a skeleton sitting in the same chair.

anyway, my aunt swore the house was haunted and had to exorcised idk how many times. she would always tell us the lady who owned the house was haunting it and apparently she died in the attic.

the thing that scared me the most was the cellar. she had one of those old school cellars with the 2 doors that got the lock on em..with stairs descending down. she used to send me and my little brother down there to get stuff for my mom when we would rarely visit (she lives in upstate ny, my family in nyc) and there was these creepy small hand prints in the back of the cellar. not too scary i guess but as a kid it really frightened me heh.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 5:03 am 
King of Tryhards

When I was little: Big spiders

Now: All spiders.

Projected phobia: All arachnids by 25, all Anthropods by 40, and all living things by 60.

Solution: Become a hermit.

brb

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next