It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: The "I'm Seeing Shit" Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:16 pm 
Butthurt

A thread entirely devoted to "oh my God I'm haunted" or "I see shadow people wut do?" type posts that often crop up amongst our members.

If you happen to be experiencing something weird or unsettling, share it with the group here so we can all deny it and call you a retard! Well, okay, we might not ALWAYS deny it but surely it's worth talking about what you're dealing with.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: The "I'm Seeing Shit" Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:17 pm 
Entity

You make the best threads, yo.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:39 pm 
Butthurt

So yeah, I'll kick us off.

I'm paranoid by nature, I've always owned up to that. Everything frightens me and pretty much anything strange that happens to me is blamed on ghosts or demons. This isn't because I'm a nutcase or because I see dead people, this is because I've seen so many horror movies, read so many ghost stories and sat around looking at creepy pictures for hours on end, so much so that I'm now convinced that there is paranormal shit kicking around that wants to kill me.

Recently, though, I've been more spooked than usual. I was in the hotel restaurant the other night completely by myself and I'm absolutely convinced that I heard a woman's voice shouting something. I couldn't quite hear what was said, it was as if it was from the other side of the bar, but it really fucking spooked me. There was nobody around whatsoever and it was so clear. Suffice to say I got out of there sharpish. I figured the floor could be swept later, when it was daylight.

Not the first time something creepy has happened at the hotel, though.

Our downstairs laundry room has a fire escape door. The cleaners have tied a small rope through it and attached it to a fixture on the wall to stop the alarm going off when they open it, it means the door only opens a little bit and doesn't sound the alarm when they smoke out there during the day. Anyways, I check all the laundry rooms at night at the start of my shift. I go in, I make sure the door is firmly shut and make sure the washing machines are off etc. A few months ago I was sitting at the reception desk when the fire-door alarm suddenly sounded.

I can't explain how terrifying this is, it's incredibly loud, much louder than the actual fire alarm. It sounds like the old Star Trek 'red alert' claxon. I checked the end of all the corridors and the fire doors were all shut. Then I remembered the laundry room and found the fire door in there lying open.

Now, you need a key to get into the laundry room. This key was clipped to my belt and had been there all night. The fire door ONLY opens from the inside and in order for it to swing open so that the alarm would sound, the rope that the cleaners had tied around the wall bearing would have to be physically untied. You also have to twist a catch to open the door. I checked the door AND the rope that night before I started my shift. It was secure, shut tightly.

So who the fuck opened it? And how did they get in there?

I've been getting these strange feelings at home too, you know those eerie feelings that people usually talk about? That 'sense that someone is watching you' idea. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't really think I'm haunted or anything insane like that. I'm just surprised that I'm starting to become so aware of this. It's as if somebody is following me around, it's such a strange hair-raising feeling. Now when I'm at home and I hear something drop, or some part of the floor creaks, I become a quivering wreck.

It's been really eerie some nights, just sitting on the couch and having to keep looking behind me. I told preggers about it but she thinks it's just an effect of quitting smoking, as if the lack of nicotine has made me tense. She's probably right.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
Made of Glass

The other day I was in my living room at night and I thought I saw something moving out my window. So I went to investigate the spooky ghosties, but then I realized it was just some guy roaming around my backyard. I was relieved I wasn't being haunted until it dawned on me that there was some guy roaming around my backyard. So I locked our doors.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:48 pm 
Internal Affairs

... this is the thread where I belong. I see monsters all the time. Logically they're not really there but it's scary that is all.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:50 pm 
King of Tryhards

The closest I've ever come to a paranormal encounter irl is when, while biking through a cemetry, I swear I heard a child's voice call out, "Mummy?"

I shat a brick.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 pm 
Internal Affairs

In relation to your post, BC, am I the only one that hears people yelling their name in the background of their music when you're listening on headphones? Seriously, all the time for me. I've been lead to believe it's common but I don't really know.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 pm 
Entity

I "hear" that sometimes too, Ren.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 pm 
Butthurt

Maybe it's a physical effect of some kind.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:00 pm 
Made of Glass

Well I think it's part of the human brain's natural tendency to detect patterns out of randomness. In this instance it hears the most familiar parts of the noise in the song (the sound of your name is very familiar) and then picks up on those parts more than other noises.

Of course I'm no expert on the matter so for all I know ghosts are in your music.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:02 pm 
Internal Affairs

It could be a sort of subconscious apophenia, I suppose. Taking the random 'data' of the background noise in your music and translating it to the word you probably hear the most. That is, your name.

... nevermind, GO just totally stole my thunder.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:04 pm 
Butthurt

Glass Onion wrote:
Of course I'm no expert on the matter so for all I know ghosts are in your music.

I would like to believe that it's this.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:09 pm 
King of Tryhards

Scotty, didn't you write a story like that once?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:18 pm 
Butthurt

Nah, mine was about a Talkboy that a kid spoke into and when he played it back it was a totally different voice saying something else.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

Despite my interests I haven't bumped into or experienced anything paranormal. Unless there was this time I went to Iowa to visit family and I experienced sleep paralysis where a shadow figure pressed a finger to my forehead and I couldn't do a thing to make it stop.

It was more annoying than scary, but that's just me. Probably why I'd make a terrible horror movie protagonist I'd be more annoyed than scared and probably put down the titular monster in the scene in shows up in.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:27 pm 
Entity

That's because you're afraid of ghosts, Overman. You won't go anywhere near a place that might be haunted.

You wuss.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:47 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

I fucking hate ghosts, big deal. They're creepy, yo.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:19 pm 
The Table Flipper

Giant tree outside my window is haunted. Birds go in but never come out. Must be a ghost.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am 
Queen Orgasma

Not paranormal but scary as fuck nonetheless. My fiance's brother's dog ran out of his apartment so all three of us are walking around in a sketchy neighborhood at night looking for a black pug. We found the dumb animal sniffing by a dumpster that was behind a convinience store. He was pawing and sniffing at this bloody pile of grey cloth. Looked like an old swearshirt. Bro in law goes to check it out, turns white, snatches his dog, and power walks it back to where me and my fiance were. He mumbled something about sluts and their love for wire coathangers.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next