It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sorrow Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Noose that is so sad... I know that feel. Hang in there.

Broseph-- that sucks. But maybe it's for the best-- you swill probably have a better relationship with somebody who is on the same page as you in terms of morals/ethics.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 am 
Good news, everyone!

Three things:

1) after getting caught up on like 5 pages of this thread I'm certainly a lot less sad/worried about my current troubles (**** keeps breaking on my car, random medical things that I can't seem to find time/money to get checked out, etc). Sometimes you just need things put in perspective.

2) ches, seriously I feel like I need to give you the biggest hug ever. Hell, I wish we lived closer so I could let you come over whenever **** just wasn't going well at home, or whatever. Or in some way give you a place to stay for a while until you could get by on your own. I can't even fathom how it must feel to have read that convo between your parents. You don't deserve that. No one does. Can I just adopt you or some ****? And what went down with that guy, I don't even know what to say other than I'm sorry buddy.

3) ck, I feel really bad for not having kept up and in contact with you of all people the last couple months (for a variety of reasons). I was unaware of the current situation with you and him going into the birthday party last week, and in retrospect that kind of painted some parts of that party in a different light in my mind at least. Sorry for being a shitty friend (well, not shitty but you know what I mean). I've got more to add but I might just pm you or something.

Anyways, now I'm really damn tired and all these feels and sads have gotten me a bit worn out So I just might be going to bed.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

Well, it's certainly not your fault. I could call too. I just have been very home-bound lately which was a huge part of the problem, apparently. And which part was put in a different light? The part where Sean was relentlessly flirting with me? Yeah. I was talking to him about the situation, and he decided he was going to show **** that he was, in fact, a ****. And he did so by trying to make out the whole night. Which was funny, and flattering, if not dirty... I think he drove the point home, as **** stayed away for a lot of it, but I don't really remember. Which is bad. lol.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am 
Good news, everyone!

Well, that, and just other interactions I had with ****. Joking around about him getting you
watching shirt to go with the one he was wearing, etc.

That's just gotta be so awkward though. Having a party like that and having your very recent ex there the whole time. Kind of reminds me of when we were first hanging out at Chums and what's his name was always there. The bald skinny dude. Stop ending up in that situation girl!

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm 
Internal Affairs

A close friend of mine may have cancer. She's going under the knife sometime this week. I'm scared and confused and sad.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 am 
Cool and Spicy

Alright, time to vent.

Cath got denied the parent plus loan that made up a huge amount of my college expenses, and now I don't know how I'm going to make up a deficit of over 7000 even if I throw everything I've got at it sparemoneywise. Her credit isn't good for even the basic loan they fucking toss on there AUTOMATICALLY, let alone anything more. My best hope is outside loans, best of fucking luck there.

My dad is holding me between a rock and a hard place by saying he doesn't want any future payments of child support to go through the state, and offering more as personal money if I just let it be between us. I trust him, no problem, the issue is explaining that to Cath since she doesn't trust him. She's convinced he just wants to **** me by not being legally bound to it.

I genuinely don't know how I'm going to pay for school, and I barely have the motivation to do well once I'm there. I'm just sticking my head down and trudging forward, and I can't even fucking sleep any more thinking about what on earth I'm going to do with my life.

I've never so much as had to deal with anything bigger than a late fucking MacBeth paper and I'm poised over the edge of everything without a clue in the world what I'm doing.

My stupid phobia of seeing myself is getting worse. Darkened computer screens, windows, the TV when it's off, anything that could possibly show me my own reflection makes me fucking recoil like I'm being slapped in the face, not just mirrors now.

That guy I talked about earlier barely talks to me at all any more. Even when we do, he usually unloads on me about some matter of taste or whatever petty **** that he never bothered me about before.

I've been having constant little miniature panic attacks about other ****.

I'm going to cut down on the extrapolation on these hugeass paragraphs into little bullet points, just so you get the idea without me crywanking all over the place.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am 
Internal Affairs

Did you guys do the FAFSA and all that to get federal loans? I don't think that relies on credit, it goes more off of income. At least that's what I've been lead to believe.
When you get to school, usually they have some kind of program to help kids who are having a hard time. Sometimes they'll call it 'disability services' but trust me it's not just for the disabled. Make sure you reach out and let them know what's going on, it'll help to have them supporting you from within the school.
Apart from that... my heart goes out to you dear. ): You know I care about you and I really hope things turn around.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm 
Phantasm

I can afford one class this semester. One.

And guess what, it's a remedial math course which means it won't even actually go towards my degree. I have to pass it to take an actual college course to get real credits.

So I am just going to be working a lot and not schooling a lot this semester. Ugh.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

Ugh, everyone, I am sorry. I would DEFINITELY check out fafsa. It's based on income, and there are different things you accept or refuse. Also, call your bursar offices, and see if they have any lists of available funding, or scholarships you can apply for. It may not apply this semester, based on how late it is, but it could come in handy in the future.

Ches, I don't know how I feel about the deal your dad has offered. There's a lot of potential for that to go wrong. I mean, I don't know your dad, so I wouldn't presume to judge or make assumptions, but the state is there to guarantee that you get what is coming to you. (just my opinion, I haven't had to deal with a situation like that.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm 
Good news, everyone!

[quote="CheshireStray"]
Cath got denied the parent plus loan that made up a huge amount of my college expenses, and now I don't know how I'm going to make up a deficit of over 7000 even if I throw everything I've got at it sparemoneywise. Her credit isn't good for even the basic loan they fucking toss on there AUTOMATICALLY, let alone anything more. My best hope is outside loans, best of fucking luck there.

Outside loans (like, private student loans) are your last resort. Honestly. Like has been said, make sure you do your fafsa, etc etc, and talk to the college you want to go to (their financial aid dept or w/e). Also, consider looking into a cheaper technical college. A lot of times, you can do classes there that will transfer to a larger college. Or just get a 2 year degree there or something. Not everyone needs a 4 year degree to do well, and if you're not sure you have the drive to do it, then don't get in debt over your head to pay for it. That's just one big mistake waiting to happen.

Quote:
My dad is holding me between a rock and a hard place by saying he doesn't want any future payments of child support to go through the state, and offering more as personal money if I just let it be between us. I trust him, no problem, the issue is explaining that to Cath since she doesn't trust him. She's convinced he just wants to **** me by not being legally bound to it.

What benefit is it to him to have it not go through the state? Also, doesn't your mom only get it until you turn 18? How long is it until he no longer has to pay anyways? things to consider...

Anyways, best of luck out there man. I'm rootin' for ya.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:02 pm 
Cool and Spicy

Yea, the FAFSA is required these days, and mine has been done and in for ages. The loans were determined by that, weirdly enough, but we still got rejected because of a recent bankruptcy they somehow didn't know about.

Also, my dad is just sick of dealing with the DoJ. I can receive the support personally after turning 18 by being enrolled full time in school, but for all intents and purposes there's no reason he couldn't and wouldn't give his own kid the money, I definitely trust him there.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:29 am 
Cool and Spicy

Doublepost for less serious sorrow

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:15 pm 
Ghost

MY TURN

>be about 3 weeks ago
>i have no financial aid at all
>go to financial aid page on my college portal
>there is an award available
>wut
>not much but covers half my tuition
>excited but skeptical
>call financial aid office to confirm
>"yeah man it doesnt count as financial aid so you still get it"
>cool beans
>be now
>scholarship hasnt arrived yet
>needs to be halfway paid off before sept 30
>call financial aid office to see whats up
>"that guy lied, it counts as financial aid and it shouldnt even be listed on your portal"
>allofmysorrow
>have to get a $1k loan REAL QUICK

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:23 pm 
It that betrays

Oh, **** me, I saw one of those cheesy rainbow bridge type poems posted on facebook and started crying thinking about Stella. I think I'm about to get a visit from aunt flo.

I miss you, Stella.

you thought you'd never shed a tear
so this must astound
it must confound you
buy a ticket for the train
hide in a suitcase if you have to
this ain't no singin in the rain
this is a twister that will destroy you

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:24 pm 
Cool and Spicy

[quote="Giggles"]Oh, **** me, I saw one of those cheesy rainbow bridge type poems posted on facebook and started crying thinking about Stella. I think I'm about to get a visit from aunt flo.

I miss you, Stella.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm 
It that betrays

>35:59

what the ****.

so this must astound
it must confound you

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:28 pm 
Cool and Spicy

It is a very nice song.

And a very long one.

Give it a shot if you're feeling so down.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:03 am 
It that betrays

Well, alright.

so this must astound
it must confound you

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:26 pm 
Internal Affairs

Muck and Meyer are dead. They were my grandparents' cats, a pair of tabbies from the same litter. Born together, died together. The cats were like 20 years old but it's still tough for me to think about not being able to see them again, I practically grew up with them.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next