It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post subject: New Game Pitch Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:24 am 
King of Tryhards

Figured we could just use a general Game Pitch Thread.

Posting this because I want to run an idea by y'all.

I was thinking about running a zombie RPG and I wanted some feedback on it.

It'd be kind of like LiB, I guess. I have an idea on player scoring based on a Karma scale thing I came up with the other day. Good actions/player choices are awarded with karma points, and bad choices/actions are awarded with negative karma points. I would have to set up a list of what points I award for certain actions, so that I don't have completely different actions triggering the same karma score.

Also, I'd have to judge the actions as deserving of positive or negative karma. Also, nobody would be able to see my reference charts, because it would cause you all to simply point-***** away and achieve immortality.

Anyway, the game:

It would take place in a fictional city where a zombie outbreak occurs. Since infection sequences are horrble to write, all the players will be immune to the airbourne virus, but vulnerable to bites and scratches (that's how science works, right?) Shortly after the outbreak, the virus turns everybody who isn't immune (Read: the players and possibly some NPCs, depending on how I feel) into a flesh-craving rotting zombie. Yay!

Guaranteed plenty of action and possibly some very shady plot devices.

Lemme know what y'all think. If you like the idea, I'll PM Vaughn with some background details and let him decide if it's good enough to run as a game.

Spoiler:
I was tossing around the idea of having dead players able to come back as zombies and control their zombie self, but after a bit of thought, I realised that playing a mute, brain-dead, instinct-controlled lump of flesh wouldn't actually be very fun.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: New Game Pitch Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 am 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Or you could have the zombies be smart. Or only affected by the disease in intervals, and otherwise just be very sick humans.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 am 
King of Tryhards

The formula for the zombies is as follows, transcribed exactly from my planning paper:

Zombies

-Fast
-Can operate simple devices (Elevators, things that you activate with a button, etc)
-Can think and problem solve about as well as I can (Read: not very well)
-Zombies will not fall for obvious traps (Piano dangling from wire bullshittery not allowed). Ingenuity is encouraged among players

then a bit further on in my notes,

NOTE: If a zombie finds a gun, it can use it if the safety is off. However, it can neither aim or reload. This makes scenes with zombie soldiers hilarious.

I mean, there'll still be the whole flesh-eating brain-munching shenanagins, so that'll happen.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 am 
Ghost

Apocalypse Then

My idea is that the apocalypse has happened, many are dead or just... Gone. But no one has any idea what happened. As far as the characters know, they fell asleep one night, and when they woke up, they're in the center of the aftermath of the end of civilization as they knew it. Few people are actually left, and I'd cap it at about 6 to 8 people. The goal is to figure out what happened, along with surviving this new landscape. It'll also largely be character driven in that choices made by the characters will drive it forward, and in different directions to the point that even the true cause of it all may change. Death is possible, but eliminations are not a goal, there won't be just one winner, or just a group of 'winners.' The end comes when you all figure it out, so it can be either long or short depending on how the players handle it. This is still just a preliminary idea, but if there's interest, I will run it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:20 am 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

I would play.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm 
Made of Glass

I'd play that too.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:06 pm 
Entity

Only I can win the apocalypse.

Spoiler:
I'm in.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 pm 
Phantasm

I agree with the above three posts.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I've had an idea for a game for a while now, just going to get out what I've got so far here.

"Nostalgia: A Very Unconventional Murder (Mystery?)"

An undetermined as of now amount of people wake up in an unknown location. None of them can remember how they got there, so they claim, and none of them know how to escape. The building they're in seems labyrinthine, almost otherworldly.

It doesn't take long for them to recognize each other.

They were all the collective members of a club the children of a small neighborhood formed on a boring summers evening, when most of them were still in grade school, now all grown up and mostly long separated.

Some of them know more than they're letting on.

The message written on the ceiling promises no survivors.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:26 am 
Creep

I'd be down to play any of those. I like that concept, Ches.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:21 pm 
Made of Glass

Yeah I like that idea too, would play.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:45 pm 
Internal Affairs

I would play the **** out of ches' game.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:37 pm 
Internal Affairs

Double post.
If I were to run a Dark Heresy game, who would be down for it? It'd most likely be over Skype and meet at night, probably Wednesdays. Not sure on that til my college schedule is finalized though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm 
Phantasm

Sort of necro-ing because I had this idea I wanted to run this game called Protocol 23. The story is basically you play one of sixty members of a group of volunteers to undergo government funded testing of a new drug, called KH-405. The drug causes hallucinations with varying degrees of intensity, however it makes them stronger but more mentally unstable. After an undetermined amount of time, your cell door opened and PROTOCOL 23 was enacted, essentially turning the facility into a giant puzzle box to escape the Facility or die trying.

Am I Sane?

Am I insane?

Come on, shoot faster,
Just a little bit of energy!
I wanna try something fun right now,
I guess some people call it anarchy!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:55 pm 
Ghost

Epidemic

"It started out as a simple little bug, swimming around in our veins for months. It never really did anything, though. Our Immune systems didn't react to it, it just... Sat there, in our bodies, dormant. Its only sign was it just being there, and it spread like wildfire. Sexual contact, contact with fluids, it was airborne, in the water, and there was no way to see it, and the CDC just gave up in trying to contain it or experiment with it. You probably have, or had it, at some point, thing is, it is basically a ticking time bomb.

One Christmas night, while everyone was busy dreaming of gifts and sugar plum Fairies, more than mice were stirring. People found themselves bleeding out of every orifice. Tear ducts, ears, some even reported their relatives vomiting copious amounts of blood. For fourteen hours total, everyone stood petrified, watching loved ones, politicians, celebrities, even the President of the United States succumbed to it, though, finally, with a sputter, and a cough, it seemed that the last 'Bleeder,' fell. The death count finally stopped. The Human race was decimated.

A state of Emergency was declared in many countries of the world, and it was called an outbreak of 'Acute Hemorrhagic Fever.' Martial law was declared in the places hit the worst, people were required to be tested daily, and by some random criteria, they were quarantined against their will, and told it was 'for the best.' Those who survived that 'Red Christmas,' stood relieved that they survived, and over a month, things started to look up for those still left. Funerals were held.

Then rumors started to spread, people changing, mutating, becoming beasts, and to some, Gods. Of course, the CDC says to remain calm, but within the same moment, you hear growls and yips from next door, a rumor that little Billy Jones up the street had his arm turned into a solid club made of bone, and went to really show those bullies what for. You can buy the CDC's story, if you'd like, sure. Say it's just their dogs going wild, or some coyote, and little Billy just decided to man up.

Hundred bucks say that this pain in my head isn't just a headac-"

The storyteller's head ruptured and fell apart without another word, and the body collapsed, leaving you, and whoever else decided to listen to this man in the park in the middle of Atlanta, standing there, with a dilemma. Stay and wait for the CDC, or get moving. One thing is clear, though. The first strain was just the beginning.

This is my idea of an outbreak game! Players will be given a goals as the game progresses, and will be rewarded, punished, or even given choices throughout based on certain criteria (Post quality, ability to deal with an objective in clever ways, etc.). Is this natural selection? Should we cure this? The decisions become yours.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:08 am 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

That sounds awesome Guest! I volunteer to be the first to die.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:10 am 
Spook

If it's "The Walking Dead" style (specially the comic) I'd be more than willing to play it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:49 pm 
Entity

Sounds interesting.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm 
Spook

Afterthe Zombie thing, I would like to try a game I've been cooking up, based on the film Unknown.

The story goes like this:
A group of criminals kidnaps the sons of one of the most wealthy men in the world, and ask for 10 million dollars.The rich old man agrees, but sends his own team of mercs, who done several jobs for him before (the world of multi-millionaire business is a dirty, dangerous one) to handle the trade.

The trade was going to happen in an abandoned government facility, but the mercs decided to kill everyone and run off with the money.
In the struggle, several were wounded, some died, and a nerve gas that was being stored in the facility was released, making everybody forget who they are.The money is missing too.

So after everybody wakes up, they have no idea who they are and what they were doing there.
This is when the game starts.Everybody is going to choose an alignment and create a character, but is going to send it to me via PM.You could be a kidnapper, an undercover cop,
a merc and even one of the victims, but the others can't know whose side you're on.
There will be no NPCs, but Bots to fill up the spots, which means they'll act like players, and may kill you as easily as a player can, so be on your guard.

After the gas was released, the whole building went into lockdown.The players are going to have to find a way out of the facility,and maybe get the money, while not knowing who they can trust.

Slowly, everybody memory is going to come back, and if you do smart decisions, your reward is going to be remembering things(via PM, of course).Hell, if you play like a champ you might find out who is who and where's is the money pretty soon...and knowledge is power.

There will be a major confrontation between the groups in the end, so it'd be smart to try to weaken the other side.

This will be PM heavy, as you get to whisper to other players through me, sharing things you remembered, or just lying to mess with the other players.
I strongly recommend trying out mind games and deception to win this thing.

I'll have to count on players to be honest here and not PM behind my back, otherwise you might tell others stuff that your character isn't supposed to know yet.

Last edited by ZecaDiabo on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post