It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

who thinks ben drowned is scary
Poll ended at Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 pm
Yes,it was terrifying 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
no,it sucks 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1
 Post subject: is "ben drowned" scary
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 pm 
Creep

I just read it and I think it sucks . I'm definitely no expert mostly because I wright like a 7 fingered autistic person who just smoked *** loads of meth. its just that ending it feels like so much build up for nothing

Report this post

Post subject: Re: is "ben drowned" scary
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I've had some words with jadusable, and he's a pretty cool guy. If it feels unfinished, that's probably because it actually is for all intents and purposes. He was planning a whole bunch of other stuff including shorter videos with user interaction, more of an ARG style in general, and that big moon cult website that never went anywhere.

Basically, he ran into a twofold problem, springing from the same source. Firstly, it got so popular that it was impossible for him to pay to host any actual content related to it on his university student budget. Secondly, with that popularity came a huge amount of idiots who were spamming "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT XDXD" everywhere, and it was starting to grate on him hard, especially when it basically ruined /x/ for a solid week or two with nobody talking about anything else. Since thetruth.txt actually offered a pretty decent little ending/wrapup for the story itself and a fun little twist to top it off, he decided it was best to call it quits there.

All that being said, I still have a soft spot for it. Certainly did no good for the general quality of discussion on any creepy boards at the time, but he put enough effort into it to provide some really creepy moments, and the last file was actually decently unexpected and spooky without being totally out of right field.

Also, this section of the forum is for posting your own writings for critique. If you wanted to discuss a popular creepy work, you probably should post it in Creepy Talk. Requesting this be moved there.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm 
Creep

firstly, I apologize. secondly, its just all my friends who thought it was amazing kinda forced me into it which really ruined the storys overall atmosphere

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 am 
Ghost

I still think that it was one of the best (if not actually the best) creepypastas ever. Of course, there was a lot of crappy imitations, but they don't ruin the original for me.

The ending might be a bit disappointing, but I still wonder at all the efforts used to write it. The 4chan posts, videos, cleverbot discussions - all of this was fresh to me back then, and it was the one story that hooked me to the genre as a whole. Ben himself is a rare case of a popular creepypasta character who has his own "the one" story, compared to Slender man, for example, who has a lot of stories and a lot of different versions of him.

Also, it's translation is the most viewed story in my blog, which sort of proves that its popularity didn't play out with time.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:48 am 
Spook

I don't find it any scary at all. I never have. Sorry.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:02 pm 
Creep

It was interesting, but never scary in my opinion.

Report this post