It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Future of Terror Tortellini.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:08 pm 
Entity

This forum is pretty much dead. Activity is nearly non-existent, a lot of active regulars have left for various reasons, my own interest in creepypasta and being charge of this forum has practically gone away, and hardly anybody even lurks here these days. It is about as bad as it can get without the forum being shut down completely and deleted.

However, in the interest of fairness and my thinning sense of responsibility, I come to you all with this question: What do you want to see done with Terror Tortellini? I said at the beginning, when I started this whole nonsense, that I didn't really want to be a dictatorship because your opinions matter as well. For those of you who are left and still holding on to hope for something good to happen and for those of you who are new (and I'm not sure why you joined, frankly), I turn to you for suggestions.

What do you want to see done with this forum?

Do you think there is a chance for a revival? Do you think the whole thing should be revamped into something different? Do you think somebody else should take charge because just maybe they can do a better job and revive the place? Or do you think I should just shut the place down and everybody move on?

Comments, questions, complaints, and suggestions are all welcome. I am willing to listen to anything you have on your mind regarding this issue, but know that I have personally moved on myself. So your idea(s) should be probably leave me out of the equation, at least in the long term, unless you can make it worthwhile for me to stick around.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Future of Terror Tortellini.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:17 pm 
Spook

Place is dead yo

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:19 pm 
Creep

Dunno, perhaps a grammar a section for grammar correction would be alright for users who are not native english speakers?
Plus ofcourse a specific section for creepy/horror videogames.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm 
Phantasm

I would love to come back and start writing again. I think we could post a few challenges to get people engaged- competitions, writing prompts, et cetera. It would help if the drama that killed the forum didn't come back too.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:31 pm 
Creep

I personally love this forum and would hate to see it go =(

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:32 pm 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

I stopped being so active because I wasn't able to waste time while I am at work anymore. And only having an ipad at the time made IRC chatting almost impossible, as I hated all of the clients available. I miss you guys, and am still bed bound for another 4 weeks, so I dunno.

Kind of sad AND glad I missed whatever drama happened, though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:39 pm 
Entity

Well, here's everybody's chance to pipe in and make a difference possibly. So speak up and discuss.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm 
Creep

Honestly.... I stopped browsing this forum because I found reddit.com/r/nosleep. It's basically the same thing, and idk -- it's more accessible?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:44 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

More accessible in what way?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

I'm assuming it's easier to just click through?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:04 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

That makes sense.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:05 pm 
Creep

Ever since creepypasta.com rose from the dead, this place has been bleeding out. Perhaps contact that site and see about merging?

It's been a while, but last I checked they lacked a forum. Perhaps this could be a detached way to give them one, with a smaller chance of IRL creepy stuff happening?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:09 pm 
Good news, everyone!

Ditto on the not having time to waste at work any more. I also don't have nearly as much free time at home either. Most of the og's here added me on Facebook, so I still see what's going on in their lives.

I think the main thing that got me hooked here was that it was a group of people that mostly knew who each other were, and it was someone to talk to. Sure, about creepypasta and the like, but also about just what's going on in my day to day life. Which at that point in time, I think I needed. Nowadays, I live with my gf and things are great. I also work more, and with the combination of my social circles and hers, I just don't have those long stretches of time where the only thing on my plate is sitting in the irc chat while simultaneously cruising the forums.

I think what was meant above, about r/nosleep being more accessible, was that it's part of a larger community. It doesn't require itself to be nearly as self sustaining.

Anyways, I don't know what it will take to revitalize the forum. I just thought I'd chip in my 2 cents on why I haven't been around really.

Last edited by rocket on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 pm 
Entity

The creepypasta.com site was supporting us (well, at least directing people to us) for awhile, but they stopped after the forum started dying off.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:14 pm 
Entity

rocket wrote:
I think the main thing that got me hooked here was that it was a group of people that mostly knew who each other were, and it was someone to talk to.

This. This is probably what brought a lot of the early regulars here from Monolith. I knew it was one of the reasons why I created the forum: To bring everybody to one place to socialize for a little bit longer.

But the creepypasta stuff did bring a lot of new members too. However, as I keep saying, creepypasta as a genre is dead or dying.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:17 pm 
Ghost

As far as I know, this forum was meant to be a replacement for creepypasta.com in 2011, so then that site reemerged, most creepypasta fans turned there. Some people still used this forum to get some feedback on their stories before submitting them there? but there were not so many of them.

It's just one of the changes with the genre tho.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm 
Spook

whoops I had always been intending to come back and read stuff and participate but I just kept forgetting because I didn't really have a schedule that let me be creeped out by goofy ****. at the very least, if the forum goes extinct, you should back everything up, but as much as I like /r/nosleep I think having a community with personalities is nice, so. I don't know really, hahaha

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:39 pm 
Ghost

Personally, I don't want this place to die. I enjoyed reading and writing on this forum and your feedback was actually helpful. However, I have no idea how this forum can be kept alive since the regulars' interest toward creepypasta seems to be fading, and most of the genre fans prefer to hang around in other places. Finding a new theme would be a good but risky idea as we don't know if there is a subject that could reunite this community - it was still creepypasta that attracted most new members here.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm 
Entity

I think everybody is seeing the sorts of problems I ran into months ago that made me just give up on the whole damn thing.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next