It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Future of Terror Tortellini.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:07 pm 
Entity

I mostly agree with Krypto, insofar as deleting it would be a not-good idea (even though I still really want to) while the forum is also probably not going to be revived. I say "mostly" because if somebody put in real serious effort, it could potentially be turned around.

Without looking it up to make sure my memory is right, changing the default freeforums url may be out of the question, but if the person taking up the reigns were serious, they could change the domain name to something other than Terror Tortellini to take advantage of SEO. That would mean changing the focus on the forum and doing some of the things tourist and Giggles suggested, but that's whatevs.

I'm saying it could be done but it probably won't be for various reasons.

So why not tear it all down? My pillow will be safe.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:45 pm 
Cool and Spicy

[quote="Vaughn"]deleting it would be a not-good idea

[quote="Vaugh"]So why not tear it all down?

I dunno, maybe because you'd miss out on the attention from pretending to be on the verge of tearing it down?

I'm gonna go ahead and address the issue by saying that Vaughn does not actually have the ability to shut down the forum, short of ordering Overman to do it, and I'm not in any danger of nuking it myself. I'm not trying to be a **** about it, but I'm not gonna stand idly by and let him play Foam Sword of Damocles either.

That being said, any effort I've been putting into getting this place back on its feet has been entirely in the realm of furiously shilling the new blog. As far as I can figure, the interest of the core crowd in returning is never going to wane, and we need new writer/reader blood, so the only good way to get shambling back in the right direction is to renew interest in the actual stories.

In the interest of that, if any of you have a piece you feel is presentable and would do good to draw some attention, contact me or RobotSynthesis and we'll see about putting it up.

In other news, still looking for new moderation who are interested in sticking around. I can dream, but GO is probably lost to us forever.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:00 am 
Phantasm

I apologize for not sticking around as much as I should, but there just hasn't been much going on.

Am I Sane?

Am I insane?

Come on, shoot faster,
Just a little bit of energy!
I wanna try something fun right now,
I guess some people call it anarchy!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:26 am 
Entity

[quote="CheshireStray"][quote="Vaughn"]deleting it would be a not-good idea

I dunno, maybe because you'd miss out on the attention from pretending to be on the verge of tearing it down?

I'm gonna go ahead and address the issue by saying that Vaughn does not actually have the ability to shut down the forum, short of ordering Overman to do it, and I'm not in any danger of nuking it myself. I'm not trying to be a **** about it, but I'm not gonna stand idly by and let him play Foam Sword of Damocles either.

That being said, any effort I've been putting into getting this place back on its feet has been entirely in the realm of furiously shilling the new blog. As far as I can figure, the interest of the core crowd in returning is never going to wane, and we need new writer/reader blood, so the only good way to get shambling back in the right direction is to renew interest in the actual stories.

In the interest of that, if any of you have a piece you feel is presentable and would do good to draw some attention, contact me or RobotSynthesis and we'll see about putting it up.

In other news, still looking for new moderation who are interested in sticking around. I can dream, but GO is probably lost to us forever.

See I had forgotten the blog was still even around. What's the URL of the new blog, and also, can you link back here to the forums whenever you updated it? I don't check the blog, I only come here.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 am 
Cool and Spicy

[quote="Kryptography"][quote="CheshireStray"][quote="Vaughn"]deleting it would be a not-good idea

See I had forgotten the blog was still even around. What's the URL of the new blog, and also, can you link back here to the forums whenever you updated it? I don't check the blog, I only come here.

http://terror-tortellini.tumblr.com/

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:58 am 
Entity

Aaaand now I have a tumblr account. Neat!

Also, thanks for putting up The Consumer! I reread it and I didn't find it embarrassing, which makes me feel good.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:27 am 
Cool and Spicy

Oh, did Whitney not ask you to put it up? I thought she was getting permission for each story.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:51 am 
Ghost

Here are some stories that I think deserve to be posted on a blog:

Sweets by Lasergoose (as well as his older stories) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=423&hilit=Sweets

Origin of Christmas by BananaCorn
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=529&hilit=Origin Christmas

some stories by butawitchaintone

The Chirp by PulledTeeth the-chirp-t1464.html

To Whom It Concerns by PropagandistCaius to-whom-it-concerns-t1666.html

Chew and Heel. Toe by bunksteve chew-t1334.html heel-toe-t952.html

I might think of some other ones later.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11 pm 
Entity

CheshireStray wrote:
Oh, did Whitney not ask you to put it up? I thought she was getting permission for each story.

I don't remember talking to her about it, but I've previously said that I have no problem with Vaughn or whoever posting my stuff as long as I'm credited at Kryptography and it isn't edited, that's fine.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:15 pm 
Entity

I edited every story that went up on the old blogspot.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:17 pm 
Entity

Well, edits for typos/formatting are fine, I just don't want someone like changing the ending or something.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 pm 
Ghost of Perdition

Thank you CandleClock! I posted three of those so far. I'll post the rest but I want to do maybe one a day so the tumblr stays active daily.

Also, if anyone wants to submit anything new for the tumblr, the shorter stories usually have the most likes/reblogs, so just keep that in mind. CaptainZombieYeti's story, The Wrong Bag, has like 22 reblogs or something.

And each writer is credited at the end of their story. Also, if you put in terror-tortellini.tumblr/tagged/(whateverusername) all the stories by that particular writer will show up.

I made a post about the tumblr a while back saying if anyone did care that their story was posted to please let me know. I figured it was a better way to get the tumblr going instead of individually asking each person and waiting. Especially since the first person I asked has still not gotten back to me. If anyone does have a problem with their story being posted though, I will take it down immediately.

I also added a Fairfield link on the tumblr before realizing that the fairfield section was gone, which really sucks. I think it'd be nice to have them all posted on there so if any of the Architects still have their stories and want it on there I'd be happy to add it.

But yeah, the tumblr has a link back to the forum. There's also a random story generator thingy and a place for people to submit their stories which states that moderators will review it before posting it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 pm 
Entity

I saved all the Fairfield stories by Scotty, Overman, and GO. I wouldn't know how to get a hold of Scotty to ask him and GO hasn't answered any of my messages (despite friending me on facebook and following my tumblr; what's up with that?). As for Overman, he said he doesn't mind if you post his.

I didn't save any of mine though, because I thought I'd be adapting them to some personal project and then I deleting all of them in frustration.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:16 am 
Ghost of Perdition

Do you think you could send them to me so I could post them?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 am 
Creep

Well this is sad. I just discovered this place via "fifteenhours" posting The God Drug by robotsynthesis on Tumblr. It's like I stumbled on the ruins of an ancient tomb containing scriptures with forgotten tales. It seems this forum is facing the same problem as my Youtube channel. True creepypasta is a dying genre. At least I can explore the ruins... if I don't lose my sanity in their cavernous ingresses.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 am 
Ghost of Perdition

Hey Dead Palette! Well thank you for joining. We're in the process of deciding what exactly to do with this forum. I hope it gets active again somehow. I hope you enjoy what you find here!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:44 am 
Entity

Oh. Right. Where would you like me to send them, RS?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:10 am 
Ghost

STEVE HAS RETURNED TO BRING HOPE FOR THE NEXT YEAR. I WILL BRING THIS SITE BACK FROM THE DEAD. A TERROR IS MEANT TO GO AWAY AND LOOK FOR THE BEST TIME TO STRIKE. NOW IS THE TIME TO STRIKE AND I WILL. I WILL DO ALL I CAN TO BRING THIS SITE BACK FROM THE DEAD. TERROR TORTELLINI FOR LIFE!!!!!

TERROR TORT

Attachments:
File comment: THIS IS STEVE HOPING TO FIND THE OTHERS. TILL WE MEET AGAIN
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 8.76 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 159.15 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 67.61 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:42 pm 
Creep

So dis site for spooky sturies eh? I got one. The bot ate all the popcron. THE END!!! DUN DUN DUN

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next