It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 am 
Ghost

I like dream threads. dreams are fascinating. I also have some truly disturbing dreams. I don't recall most of them, but my wife often wakes me up because I am screaming, and sometimes thrashing about. a few years ago I threw my girlfriend clean across the bed and off the other side.

Anyway I'd love to hear some of your most disturbing nightmares or strangest dreams. I'll share some of my favorites, some(maybe all of them) were posted at the old monolith forums a while back.

The Water:

This one is fairly simple. I am floating in clear blue water. it is cool and pleasant, and there are others here. as some of the others drift closer, it becomes apparent that they are bloated and decomposing. bits are missing as if eaten by fishes or turtles or something. one of the corpses in the water drifts by, its face turned towards me. Its eyes are intact, alive, and clear. I stare into them, unable to turn away. it is at this point I notice that I cannot move and I am not breathing, and that I am one of the corpses in the water. It then occurs to me that the other corpses are having exactly the same thoughts I am having. I then wake up

a recurring nightmare I have is that I awaken, and I am in bed with my wife who is asleep, and as my eyes grow accustomed to the dark I notice that the room is filled with people. they all have their backs to me, their heads bowed, and their hands in front of them and out of my view. these people are rocking back and forth and I can hear their breathing, and sometimes whimpering.

a recurring theme in some of my nightmares is where important women in my life are killed by cat-like monster who then puts their skin on in an attempt to get close to me and kill me. This usually accompanies sleep paralysis,and I awaken while in the dream the creature is transforming to its true self and shedding the skin suit in a most horrible fashion. I've had this dream about my mother, my wife, and my ex-fiancee.

more Freudian horrors, I had a dream where two of my best friends( who were dream composites, not anyone I actually knew) kidnap a prostitute and force her to masturbate while she sticks her feet into this apparatus that resembles a giant sausage grinder. they film this, and I am unable to interfere. For some reason the video is presented in a tabloid TV format.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH
,nevaeh ni tra hcihw ,rehtaF ruO

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightamres
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:33 am 
Cool and Spicy

I hate nightamres

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:02 pm 
Entity

I actually rarely ever get nightmares. And it kind of makes me sad.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 pm 
King of Tryhards

Gonzo wrote:
I actually rarely ever get nightmares. And it kind of makes me sad.

Sleeping in a colder room has been shown to increase the likelihood of having nightmares.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:00 pm 
Ghost

BananaCorn wrote:
Sleeping in a colder room has been shown to increase the likelihood of having nightmares.

This explains a lot. I sleep in a 68 degree room with two fans on me and no blankets.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:01 pm 
Entity

I've slept through plenty of days that have been cold as fuck without having any nightmares.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:17 pm 
King of Tryhards

Maybe you're just weird.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 pm 
Queen Orgasma

last night I had a weird nightmare. it started out that I was in the passenger's seat of my mom's car and it was going fast but there was no driver, so I hoped into the driver's seat to control the car but I kept going fast. My sister and my nephew were in the back, and my nephew was crying really loud and then a cop was behind me, with lights flashing telling me to pull over. I really wanted to wake up, but I couldn't, and all the colors in my dream became more vivid and everything looked clear and realistic.
Anyway, I finally was able to pull the car over, and the cop asked me what the hell was wrong with me. I told him that my brother had been driving but that all of a sudden he disappeared and I tried to control the car. he looked at me as if I was crazy, and I told him "Maybe this has something to do with all those incidents on the news about all of those pilots disappearing from their planes!"
The cop looked at me ugly and he said, "I never heard of that, lady."
Just then, a black stealth bomber,crashed down right in front of us. I don't remember anything after that. the plane, it looked just like this one:

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:15 pm 
Cool and Spicy

Last night I had a dream that there were these kids going on a field trip to some sort of weird monster museum.

And then I was some guy trying to rescue myself from a giant poisonous sea monster but the only person who could help us was this creepy doctor who wanted me and these two girls with me to experiment with all these weird monsters of his by like having sex with the giant spiders in exchange for helping the other me who was about to get crushed by that giant poisonous sea monster. At the end, he told me the last thing we had to do was play with a miniature version of the sea monster by like letting it flop around on us and he took it out of a tank and I looked inside and I WAS IN THE TANK.

Shit was weird. Also uncomfortable.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:34 pm 
Made of Glass

Try sleeping.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 am 
Good news, everyone!

So, a couple days ago I had a kind of creepy dream. Some friends and I (can't remember which friends or if they were even people I actually know) were at some sort of library. I want to say it was supposed to be the Library of Congress, but as I have never been there it probably did not resemble the actual thing at all.

Well, we were looking for some particular thing/book, and we couldn't find it. One of the 2 or 3 friends I was with says that they know someone who works there and maybe they can get is into the "back" to look for it. So we get led into this semi-off limits area to look for this, and while we're back there, some sort of alarm goes off and we get sealed in side. Some undetermined amount of time passes, and when we find out way out, everyone's gone. Like, the entire building is empty except for us. We walk around and find the security station completely abandoned, and being slightly paranoid, I take several of the guns from the security station and hand them out to the group. We start exploring the building looking to see if we can find out what happened (don't ask me why we didn't try going outside, it was a dream).

As we're exploring and checking out the rooms, I hear a gunshot or two from one of the nearby rooms one of us was in. I run in there, and see one of my group frozen in place (like, not frozen via cold, just like they were moving and someone hit pause on the remote and they stopped mid action). In front of them is this 3 foot tall looking.. thing. It had a skull for a head (minus the jaw) and the rest of it was wearing blag torn and tattered robe like garment.

Think sorta similar to this:

Wearing this:

But only 3 feet tall. Nothing human looking was visible, and no eyes, just the empty black sockets.

So basically, I see this thing, and I don't hesitate. I start shooting with the gun that I had. The thing was about 15 feet from me, and the bullets make several visible holes in the skull/head of the thing, but they don't seem to have any visible effect. It just turns, walks up to me, and then as I go to swing at it/pistol whip it, I freeze mid swing. Same as my friend. Except I'm fully conscious, I just can't move. I remember trying with every ounce of effort I had to move, and then I woke myself up out of the dream. I guess I tried to move my arm so hard in the dream that my arm actually moved and woke me up. The funny thing was that my first instinct upon waking up was "I need to get back in there and do something to save them" followed closely by "oh, wait, yeah.... just a dream... damnit."

That was Saturday morning. Last night, I had a dream where I for some reason was challenging someone to an amateur boxing match. I get in the ring, I have no idea what to do (I remember it felt so dumb to put my hands up in a boxing like stance) and then a little bit of circling each other, followed by the other guy throwing one punch that I block, then his other hand comes around and just as I get punched in the face, I wake up. Lame.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:25 pm 
Ghost

Void wrote:
I haven't had any dreams lately. :(

Any tips on dreaming? Anybody?

25 mg Benadryl, 3mg Melatonin, 250mg Valerian and a b-complex vitamin.

Edit: do not do this if you have sleep apnea or are prone to sleep walking

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:25 am 
Ghost

I pretty much only have creepy dreams or nightmares. The most interesting part, though, is that several of my most vivid dreams take place in locations that are real, but that I'd never been to before. One dream I had in high school took place in a deserted mall. The dream itself was pretty uninteresting, I remember my mom and grandpa were there with me, and I found the whole ordeal annoying and unsettling, but the setting was incredibly vivid. Imagine my feelings when I come across this photograph of the mall, looking exactly as it did in my dream: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... stores.jpg The only difference is, it wasn't flooded in my dream. It's worth mentioning, the mall closed down completely about 12 years before I was born, and to my knowledge, I don't know anyone who lives in the town where it's located, though it's not far from where I grew up.

I've got a bunch of experiences like this, but dead malls creep me out more than most other creepy locations.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 pm 
Creep

I had a pretty wtf dream on Friday afternoon. I'd found out a couple of weeks ago that there's a Wiccan circle on post every friday and I decided to check it out 4 t3h lulz, and when I got back to my room I took a nap before going. While napping, I dreamed that I woke up a few minutes late, got dressed, and ran outside. I found myself running through some kind of weird Middle Eastern city full of really lush gardens. The Marine who leads the circle and his roommate (a friend of mine) were standing on the side of the street; my friend says, "That's him, the guy I told you about." The guy who leads the circle says, "Ah, yes. An alchemist?" He goes to give me a fist-bump as I run by, but I think he's trying to punch me in the face so I swerve out of the way. He starts running after me, passes me, turns around and shouts, "Hurry up! You're late!" I follow him into the woods, then into the basement of this huge mosque-like building. It's very dark and I can't see shit; I'm starting to freak out. I hear the door close behind me. All of a sudden the lights turn on and I'm surrounded by a bunch of people in long white robes. One of the figures reveals his face; it's one of my friends. Everybody else disrobes and has a laugh at my expense. Then we all go out and get a beer.

What was this? I didn't even.

The fame of a dead man's deeds."
--Odin

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 pm 
Phantasm

I had a dream once that my guardian angel had black wings and was named Crow. Except he wasn't actually in the dream, I just knew it, you know? I was standing, and feeling rather cold, in front of this tree which was devoid of leaves, as trees tend to be in winter. But it wasn't winter, it wasn't any kind of season. The tree was just dead, and so was the ground, and my feet were cold. There were all these black birds all over the branches, staring at me. I climbed the tree, the birds flew away, and a snake bit me. That's all.

It was really, really weird, and i woke up sweating like nothing else. I feel like it could make a cool creepypasta.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:46 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

amommynoose wrote:
I had a dream once that my guardian angel had black wings and was named Crow. Except he wasn't actually in the dream, I just knew it, you know? I was standing, and feeling rather cold, in front of this tree which was devoid of leaves, as trees tend to be in winter. But it wasn't winter, it wasn't any kind of season. The tree was just dead, and so was the ground, and my feet were cold. There were all these black birds all over the branches, staring at me. I climbed the tree, the birds flew away, and a snake bit me. That's all.

It was really, really weird, and i woke up sweating like nothing else. I feel like it could make a cool creepypasta.

I like it. Are you gonna write it?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:49 pm 
Phantasm

Beef Pop wrote:
amommynoose wrote:

I like it. Are you gonna write it?

Hey, if you want it, take it. I've tried to write it and make it interesting, but have failed miserably. Just credit me if you do. And I may try and turn it around, yes.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:18 pm 
Spook

Hi all, decided to post after getting a gentle reminder from the top that I had registered but not posted as yet. So, to rectify that situation, here are two dreams that terrified me as a small child, and one from my teen years.

The Stones

This is actually a fragment of a dream, but it still is very vivid to me, even though it must have occurred about 45 years ago. I was standing in the back of my family's home, near a small clump of brush. It must have been Autumn, because the leaves were brown, and the sky had that pale glow that heralds the coming winter. All seemed normal, except for the absence of several large stones that would normally be found just to the right of the bushes. No sooner had I noted their absence than they came floating downwards, seemingly having materialized from nowhere in particular. I was shocked to see that they had faces similar to the face of Humpty-Dumpty as he was depicted in engravings from "Alice in Wonderland". I distinctly felt a malevolence coming from them, and in my innocent, 4-year-old manner asked who they were. They replied, in chorus, that they were what sounded like "Booker's rocks". When asked if they would hurt me, they screamed in unison "YES!" at which point I awoke.

It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I learned that a "Bokkor" is a type of African sorcerer. Suddenly the dream made sense. They weren't "Booker's rocks", after all.

The Clock

This dream was a repeater, it happened over several nights shortly after I had started Kindergarten. Always, I was suddenly confronted with a large grandfather clock, which had two pendulums. One of these was gold, and swung very slowly, the other was so black that it appeared to be a hole in space where a pendulum once was. This one began swinging slowly, gaining momentum with each cycle. After a few seconds, the clock would chime softly, twice, and no more. Then a female voice would tell me it was the "Clock of Nothingness"(!) and I would awaken, quite terrified. During one particularly bad episode, my father rushed into my room due to my terrified cries and broke his toe on the footboard of my bed.

In any event, after perhaps a week of this, the dream changed slightly. When the clock chimed, I threw myself against it, toppling it and stopping the pendulums. I never had the dream again, but have wondered for many years where I had heard the term "Nothingness" and why I should associate it with this clock. Absurd as it sounds, I have settled on the theory that the gold pendulum represented time, while the black symbolized entropy. But how would a kindergarten student even know of such things?

The Voice

This dream was undoubtedly caused by narcotic use. Don't worry, it was legitimate, I had broken a knuckle during a fight in High School, and was given a morphine derivative to help me sleep at night. After taking the medication, I fell into a deep sleep, which was disturbed by an instance of sleep paralysis accompanied by some obvious hypnopompic imagery and sounds. I distinctly heard heavy footsteps on the porch outside of my window, and even though I couldn't turn my head to see who might be there, I did manage, with difficulty, to mumble "go 'way". There was a peal of loud, unwholesome laughter, and then a naggingly familiar voice said "I'll go, but I'll be back very soon" followed by the same heavy footsteps walking away. I then went back to sleep.

A few days later, I found out why the voice had sounded familiar when my aunt gave me an old "Dictaphone" she had found in her attic. I played around with it a bit, recording myself telling jokes and generally being an ass as teenagers generally are. During the playback of the tape, I felt the hairs on my neck begin to prickle. My voice was the one I had heard promising to "be back very soon."

So there they are-have at them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:28 pm 
Entity

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to edit those reminders.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next