It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 pm 
Internal Affairs

I think I'm just gonna go out to Braun bay on Saturday and see what all the subconscious hubbub is about.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Don't get ate.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:36 pm 
Spook

Okay, so I just recently discovered that I have Santeria in my blood. Now, I'm not going to delve further into this, because this is a dream thread and not a "magic" thread, but when you start to spiritually mature in my culture, you begin to get weird weird dreams. Not really creepy, but just odd. I've been having these recurring dreams about this spirit, and I'm posting them here, because someone might find them interesting.

This all started about one/two weeks ago. I can't really remember. Anyway, so basically this dream starts off and I'm in this white room. The room itself has no walls, no doors, and is about the size of the average restroom in a home. I remember that I was just sitting on this steel chair, kind of like the chairs they have in hospitals, and that the room smelled like peroxide. I remember this smell because it really stuck with me. Suddenly this humanoid figure rose out of the ground. It's body was on fire, but the flames moved oddly. In the center of it's face, there was one huge eye. I remember not feeling scared, but actually really weak. This thing seemed really really powerful, and it made me kind of want to cry. Anyway, it begins to speak. It's voice is like a man's voice layered over two women's voices. It's got this booming, powerful, monotonous voice. I can remember bits and pieces of dialogues, because to be quite frank, this didn't feel like a dream.

"We have chosen you."

"Why?" I remember asking it.

"It is fate."

"What are you?"

"We are Goliath."

It began to step towards me and it put its hands onto my temples, and began to press. When it pressed, images shot through my head. It was horrifying, to be honest. Images of wars, plagues, murders. But also images of life, fire, and peace. I didn't understand it, and I still don't. I don't know how my mind got these images, but it really bugged me.

After that the "Goliath" removed it's hands from my temples and sank back into the room. I remember waking up that morning and just going outside to look at the sunrise. I've never done that before, especially during summer because I always wake up at like 1:00 PM or 12:00 PM during the summer, but that day I woke up at around 5 in the morning.

More to come, I'm just super lazy.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:19 pm 
Entity

I too have dreams.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:59 pm 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

PzYcHo wrote:
Okay, so I just recently discovered that I have Santeria in my blood. Now, I'm not going to delve further into this, because this is a dream thread and not a "magic" thread, but when you start to spiritually mature in my culture, you begin to get weird weird dreams. Not really creepy, but just odd. I've been having these recurring dreams about this spirit, and I'm posting them here, because someone might find them interesting..

Cuidado, m'ijo.

Actually, no... Tell us more about the Santeria! Make a post or a thread about it. :)

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:34 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

16bearswutIdo wrote:
I too have dreams.

Deep as always, Bears.

Derp, even.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:17 pm 
Ghost

I got ate.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 pm 
The Snow Witch of the Mountain Pass

Eeew to pregnancy/giving birth dreams....

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am 
Spook

I don't get nightmares much, but there was one time when I had a dream that I was standing beside the river near my house. There was some giant glass cube... thing... floating in the water and a bunch of corpses were in it. But for some reason I couldn't tell if they were inanimate or if they were moving.
But otherwise I can't remember any more nightmares.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 am 
Spook

I just had a bizarre combination of three nightmares at once, that flowed from one right into another. The first was being in bed and hearing my father scream at and try to murder my mother, the second was realizing the first had been a nightmare and trying to get out of bed, only to find that I was too sick and weak to stand up and that there were demons lurking in the corners of my room and getting closer, and the final was that I was back in a haunted house I went to in October. All of the rooms had changed, and the actors had been replaced by people I actually knew, all of whom were out to kill me (and calling me by the wrong name, for some reason). When I got outside, attempting to run back to my car somehow brought me back into the house. I'd barricaded myself in a room and one of my old classmates was pounding at the door when I woke up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

High school memories are the best kind of horrifying.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 pm 
Creep

I don't understand why people say if you die in your dreams you die in real life. I die in almost every one of my dreams. I don't wake up right before I hit the ground, suffocate, etc. I completely die and sometimes even end up in a coffin or go to my funeral afterwards. It is horrifying, yes, but I wake up afterwards and realize it was just a dream. Does anybody else die in their dreams?

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm 
King of Tryhards

Quote:
people say if you die in your dreams you die in real life.

I've literally never heard anybody say this. Ever.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:56 pm 
Cool and Spicy

It's kind of a common belief/notion.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm 
King of Tryhards

I tend to wake up when I die in my dreams.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:23 pm 
Phantasm

I've heard it a lot over here. Maybe it's an American thing?

Am I Sane?

Am I insane?

Come on, shoot faster,
Just a little bit of energy!
I wanna try something fun right now,
I guess some people call it anarchy!

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:28 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I think it comes from the way people tend to wake up as it happens, like that's a defense mechanism or something, and if you really dreamed long enough to see your death in a dream, you'd die in real life.

Entirely superstition, of course. I've actually had dreams where I died plenty, and saw long past it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:44 pm 
Ghost

Last night, I went to see a live performance of Evil Dead: The Musical at this local bar in town and then I helped my girlfriend break her new bong in. The weed gave me a very intense and cohesive dream. It was almost like a movie.

I was on the run from these possessed humans (obviously influenced by The Evil Dead) and there were a couple of guys with me. We were escaping across suburban lawns and finally came to a low concrete wall surrounded by dead bushes. I was kind of leading them, so I told them to lay down behind it with me and, just then, a caravan of utility vans pulled up full of the crazed possessed. The guy that was with me on my far right either started to become delirious or was turning, because he was starting to scream and call attention to us.

Realizing I had to abandon them at that point if I was to survive, I leapt up and ran across a parking lot that had been at our backs into a grocery store that was full of pedestrians hiding from what I was beginning to realize was a worldwide event. In the back, where the stocking area was, there was a dense crowd of citizens. For some reason, I knew that the building had three levels and that the top two were used for corporate offices. The only two ways up there were by helicopter or elevator, both of which being inaccessible.

I started to scale a floor-to-ceiling shelf unit after spying a vent grating that I realized would take me to the second floor, and just then, one of the possessed burst into the room and started to chase me up. When he got to me, I was just starting to pry the grating off. He grabbed my ankle, trying to pull me to my death (the floor was at least fifteen feet down at that point), but I just used his weight and momentum to swing his head into one of the shelves and crack it.

Then, I made it into the second floor, which was one vast room filled with mountains of cheese wheels. I remember much more detail about this particular moment in the dream, but for the purposes of optimizing time, I'll omit it. I just want to get to the one visual moment in the dream that made my skin crawl.

When I finally navigated through the cheese, I came to a grand staircase that led to the third floor and a double set of oak doors. I kicked them open to find a colossal conference room full of worried white guys in business suits. The thing that scared me so much was that there were a few corpses to my immediate left who had had their heads blown off with shotguns. Their bodies were still perfectly dressed in the finest Armani get-ups one could hope to own and their hands were resting curtly, one on top of the other, in their laps.

More happened after this, too, but I just wanted to share that one visual. I wish I could have taken a picture out of the dream to share with you all. Something about it just made it one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.

Dreams, man. Bloody hell.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm 
Creep

I guess waking up before you die in a dream is a good "defense mechanism." Most people are probably freaking out so much in their dream that they wake up. When I'm getting ready to die in a dream, I'm just like "Damn this is gonna suck." But I don't freak out and thrash about to wake myself up.

Hmph...dreams are strange!

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next