It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I've had dreams about begging for my life before.

They never ended after I died, though.

Also, that flooding dream is the second night in a row I've had dreams that I actually thought were real a few minutes even after when I woke up. I'm not sure if there's a term for those, but I hate them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:27 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

I know exactly what you mean. Have you changed your sleeping habits at all? I notice that a change will frequently provoke vivid dreams for me, anyway.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:59 pm 
Entity

I have pretty regular nightmares about driving my car off a cliff into the water. I usually wake up while flying through the air, but sometimes the car hits the water and I get out, etc.

Not very dramatic but there you go. I used to have pretty regular nightmares about my teeth falling out, but I was not going to the dentist at the time so that was probably not symbolic of anything.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 pm 
Cool and Spicy

I actually did a major overhaul of my sleeping habits about three months ago. I went from a more solid block of night sleep, to a 3-6 hour afternoon nap/4-8 hour night sleep sort of setup.

The realism dreams are much more recent than that, though.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:53 pm 
The Table Flipper

Alright, so I wasn't really aware of it until last night, but this entire past week I've been imagining a second me right before falling asleep. You know the time when you're still aware enough to think but dreams and reality kinda merge? Thats when its been happening.

It's kinda odd because I talk to him like hes just another person. But when I do have these dreams I'm not really me. My personality is split between the me I am and the me that I'm talking to. The one I am seems to be a lot more timid and nervous while the one I'm talking to has a "no fucks given" attitude about everything. I cant recall anything weve talked about, but I think its just stuff thats going on in my life.

Just felt like sharing.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:23 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Tulpa. Beware.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:05 am 
Spook

Had a nightmare that I was able to remember for the first time in months.

I was watching this movie that started out on an airplane. One guy starts walking up to the cockpit, and instead of seeing pilots, he sees a group of people in tribal garb. They're all in a big circle around this woman who's giving birth. There's an old man with a chief headdress in the group who gives the intruding guy a menacing stare, and he promptly goes back to his seat and tries to forget what he saw. He then falls asleep.

The setting randomly changes to a dark, empty house with no windows or furniture. We see the same group of people who were in the airplane, now walking around the house. Suddenly a woman screams, and they all go to see what frightened her. In a hallway they see the body of a deformed Stegosaurus-man, with most of his upper body gone, like it was eaten.

As the group splits ups and explores this immense house, they soon discover that there are insane, bloodthirsty creatures lurking within. A group of about 20 people somehow find weapons like clubs and guns, and plan to ambush one of these creatures.

I didn't see it myself, but apparently seeing this beast up-close was all it took to destroy the bravery of several armed adults. It lets out a screeching howl and the people run for their lives, screaming. Some of them escape through the hall, but the majority of the group gets cornered in a room, where the beast tears them apart. The room was pitch black and all I could hear were the sounds. Fucking horrible sounds.

There was a little girl hiding behind the open door of the room against a wall. She was apparently the daughter of one of the men in the group. She silently prays to God that the beast that's currently killing her family doesn't look behind the door. It doesn't, but seconds later another monster comes in the room that does.

The focus changes to another group of people, after an unspecified amount of time since the armed group was killed. From the conversation it's revealed that this is only a 1/4 of the original plane group, and the other 3rd are either missing or dead. They give up trying to figure out what the hell is going on and are now just trying to get out of the house alive. The house is built like a fortress, and all the doors only lead to hallways or empty rooms.

They run into another dinosaur-man, except this one is alive. He's a Pachycephalosaurus man who speaks and tells the group that he was one of the people from the plane. They know he's telling the truth because he has the same crutch as one of the men from the plane, and he speaks the same way as that man did. He has an explanation of sorts for what's going on - Because that guy from the beginning interrupted the tribal birthing ceremony, their elder placed "The Curse of The Past" on everyone.

This curse apparently involves trapping people in a giant dark house as they transform into dinosaur hybrid monsters. The Pachy Man further explains that the killer beasts are also former people, except they have transformed into carnivorous dinosaur types. A woman asks him if he knows if there's any way to escape. He replies that they can look for an exit together, but he doesn't think there is one.

He starts to say something else, but is interrupted by a deafening roar echoing through the hallway.

EDIT: The only glimpse I saw of the carnivore beasts was when I'd see their shadows on the hallway. Judging by that, this is basically what the pair that killed the armed group looked like. Drew a man's silhouette to show the size.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 am 
Ghost

I keep waking up not knowing where I am

.emaN yht eb dewollaH
,nevaeh ni tra hcihw ,rehtaF ruO

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 am 
Phantasm

CaptainZombieYeti wrote:
I keep waking up not knowing where I am

It's like college all over again.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:28 pm 
Creep

The weirdest dream I had happened last year.

I was a little girl and I was pregnant.
I was climbing a flight of spiraling stairs with 4 floors. There was only stairs and you could look out in every direction, there was a tree to the right and with every floor it would change seasons. On the first floor the tree was in full bloom with lots of pink flowers, on the second the tree was very green and bright, then the leaves were orange and yellow and my dream ended with me at the top floor and the tree was dead, barren and snow covered.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:22 am 
Ghost

for some reason, water seems to play a big part in a lot of my dreams. I have lately been having variations on one specific ...nightmare(?) where I am on a bridge over a large body of water I am familiar with(the red river and Kentucky lake, usually) when the bridge collapses and there is some epic, biblical flood occurring. I am swimming at some crazy pace and I keep encountering dead bodies just under the surface. for some reason they are usually in some sort of uniform. there are always people on opposite banks, calling out for me.

one variation of this dream occurred in some geometrically impossible city that seemed to spring from the minds of Frank Lloyd Wright and MC Escher. Other times it's out in the country.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 am 
Ghost

Also, I seem to often have dreams where I am not quite flying, but jumping very high and defying gravity by double and triple jumping like some sort of video game ****, and floating down slowly. I'm often a child or young teenager in these dreams, and discover this ability by accident while playing some sort of sport.

.emaN yht eb dewollaH

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:26 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

I have dreams where I can tread air, like treading water. But I never truly fly.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:40 pm 
Creep

There's actually a recurring theme in my nightmares where I feel like I should be able to fly — where I know that I have flown before, and I know how it's done — but am unable to do anything more than jump really high. Each time it happens, it's usually one of the most distressing elements in the nightmare. I remember one dream where I was in a huge warehouse, being hunted by a group of super-powered gunmen, and trying to fly occupied more of my attention than actually getting away from my pursuers.

For the most part, I love nightmares. It's usually effortless for me to fall asleep, so waking up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night with my heart racing and adrenaline pumping has always been sort of fun. It solidifies a memory of the nightmare in my mind and lets me remember the thrill of that fear when I would otherwise have just forgotten about it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 pm 
Spook

I had a lot of nightmares in my childhood that I've never forgotten. One involved being abducted by aliens who chained me to an operating table, sliced my feet open, and began lapping up the blood. Another involved being stalked through a cornfield by a scarecrow. Eventually I made it back to my house, but then I looked in the mirror and noticed a strange mark on my cheek. When I touched it, the skin on my cheek lifted up like rubber peeling off the sole of a shoe, and everything underneath was rotten.

My nightmares as an adult often involve having insects (usually centipedes) falling on me out of nowhere and being unable to get away. After I started taking sleeping pills last fall, I had very vivid dreams, and one involved slashing myself up with knives so badly that parts of my organs were falling out, and then being rushed to a hospital so they could repair the damage. In the dream, I remember finding the whole thing funny.

The worst nightmare I've ever had was one in which my father beat me to death. I was trying to scream for help and he slammed down on my head and completely shattered my lower jaw. I remember feeling it break into pieces before I woke up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:42 pm 
King of Tryhards

I recently had a particularly horrifying dream where I was infected with a colony of paracites that grew bigger with each generation. The first lot were the size of dust particles, then ants, then golf balls, and they kept laying eggs under my skin.

I'm thinking of making it into a pasta.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm 
Ghost

I had a dream that I was a character in the original Alien movie.
Only the Alien was Roger from American Dad.
And I wasn't even the main character.
I died trying to save the protagonist in the middle of it., and the rest of the dream just followed her.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:50 pm 
Internal Affairs

I've been having some strange dreams lately.
First, I dreamed I was ice skating out on Braun bay in the middle of fall, which is just silly, the water wouldn't have frozen over by then so I wouldn't be able to ice skate... Anyway, I'm ice skating out on the bay, and all of a sudden these dark shadows are whipping by underneath the ice. I look closer, and sure enough, they're fish, all swimming the same direction really quickly, like they were running from something. Freaky.
The next night, I dreamed that I was swimming in Braun bay. I was wearing my skates and I was trapped under the ice but for some reason I wasn't having trouble breathing, I was just cold. I spent the first few minutes trying to get on top of the ice when fish started swimming past me again, just as fast. Eventually there were no more fish and I was faced with the dark, open water, and I knew there was something terrible back there that the fish were swimming away from. Then I woke up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

The sequel dream will be pasta-worthy material, bug. DO IT!

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next