It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:08 pm 
Creep

Ok, so I don't have nightmares very often. Strange dreams, yes. Nightmares, no. But anyway, I recently had a nightmare that just...shook me. I don't know.

So it starts out with me, my boyfriend, one of his friends, and a dog just out walking one evening. It was getting pretty dark, right on the edge between dusk and night. The dream kept switching between first and third person POV, so I'll try to explain as best I can. We got to this mostly empty parking lot and the guys and I were just standing around talking while the dog milled about. This is where it switches to third person, like I'm watching a movie. There's a guy off to the corner of the parking lot just standing there. He's wearing a hoodie and you can't see his face. I think we knew he was there but just didn't really pay him any mind. Very slowly, the hoodie guy reaches into the pocket and takes out a gun, points it at the dog, and shoots it in the head without a word. My boyfriend's friend starts shouting and walking across the parking lot towards the guy. It's back to my POV now. The guy's arm is still extended from shooting the dog. He doesn't move or acknowledge our friend coming at him at all. He very slowly turns his still extended arm towards our friend and shoots him in the head mid-stride. At this point, my boyfriend tackles me behind a car. I'm on my back with my cheek against the pavement. My boyfriend is on top of me pinning me down. (This is completely in character. He's very military oriented and has an irritating hero complex.) We're both completely silent and all I can hear is my own heartbeat very loud in my ears. Underneath the car I can see the shooter's shoes as he walks towards us. I hear his footsteps as he rounds the car and stops beside us. I hear him **** the gun. There's a shot and my boyfriend goes completely dead weight on top of me. Now the sound of my own heartbeat is very very loud and I barely hear him **** the gun again. I squeeze my eyes shut and there's a long moment where it's just the sound of my heartbeat. There's a gunshot and I wake up.

Now, the scariest part is after I'm awake. I'm on my back and I can't move at all. It's completely insane but I swear it felt like someone was sitting on my chest and had their fingers interlocked, palms out, and were pressing on my forehead. Up until that point, I'd never dealt with sleep paralysis so it was terrifying to say the least.

I'm sorry if this is in a huge jumble and makes no sense. I've never been good at
explaining dreams and I'm typing on a kindle.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:05 pm 
Ghost

I love having nightmares, it's like being in my own personal horror movie, and nothing can beat that sense of relief you feel after waking up. (unless it's a false awakening, oh man those are wicked!)

One disturbing dream that's stuck with me involves a mysterious stranger following me as I walk. At some point I decide I've had enough, and just up and stab him to death. That takes care of that. I guess it's not enough though, because for some reason I decide to cannibalize his body. The parts I don't eat, I seal in ziploc bags and store in the freezer. Yet when I go to retrieve them later they're still warm. Huh.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:34 pm 
Ghost

Christ, alapanamo. That last little detail you tucked in there made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm 
Ghost

Haha, maybe I'll base a story off of that...

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7