It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post subject: Creepypasta Has Just Fulfilled Itself
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:27 pm 
Ghost

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/waukesha-police-2-12-year-old-girls-plotted-for-months-to-kill-friend-b99282655z1-261534171.html

Did you guys ever hear the one about the two tweens who stabbed their friend nearly to death because they wanted to offer a blood libation to Slenderman?

.....Well, if I had done this, I would have offered it to Smiledog.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Creepypasta Has Just Fulfilled Itself
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:36 am 
Ghost

I guess, one thread about this wasn't enough...

Well, I still think they could have done for whatever other reason and then told the cops the whole SLONDREMON MADE US DO THIS thing, as the lamest excuse ever.

However, this shows how much obscure creepypasta was for the general public. Apparently, some people really got this as some sort of anorexic demon's cult.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:48 pm 
Ghost

Haha. Anorexic. But, yeah, I haven't been here for a while and I checked around to see if there had already been a thread about this. I couldn't find one. But did you guys see the statement that the Creepypasta Wiki felt inclined to issue about Slenderman not being real?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:06 pm 
Ghost

That's how I found out about this stuff. I didn't read much about slenderman, but I don't get where they got the idea that he takes kids who kill their friends into his mansion in the forest. Was that from Marble Hornets? Everyman Hybrid? Some obscure fanfic?

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:21 pm 
Cool and Spicy

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundra ... ack/186588

this is like the perfect blend of nice and cringe.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:31 pm 
Entity

CheshireStray wrote:
http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/waukesha-creepypasta-bring-her-back/186588

this is like the perfect blend of nice and cringe.

I think that's a nice gesture. No plans to donate myself, however. I don't know this specific crime victim and I don't have any particular reason to worry about her recovery.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:16 pm 
Cool and Spicy

When I say "cringe" I mean the big efforts to make this about creepypasta instead of just giving money to a victim. The pictures of neckbeards with operator logos scribbled on their arms and the shitty slogan are just kind of embarassing, it makes it feel like they actually want to take on the responsibility for this **** and disprove it in the same breath when all they really need to do is say "here is some money, sorry for your trouble".

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 pm 
Phantasm

Oh ****, do you think we can milk this for site traffic?

I've always wanted to be the target of a mass-media scare.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 pm 
Entity

It's the next satanic panic - HEY MIDDLE AMERICA HERE'S SOMETHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND JUST LIKE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR KIDS - SO IT'S A FAIR BET THAT YOUR KIDS ARE INTO IT AND IT'LL KILL THEM.

Nice to be in on the ground floor. Now I can say I was into CreepyPasta before the book burnings.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 am 
Ghost

I think we should just let people have it--let them think that creepypasta is really something to worry about. After all, the very nature of the medium defies censorship and/or any other form of "cracking down". Besides, it's all about relatable situations going horribly wrong. Going back to the title of this thread, this is the sort of thing that creepypasta, at its core, meant to implant into the minds of its readers: something horrifying that seems like it has to be fictional, but has a compelling real-world frame that makes you think twice. This story could be considered "post-creepypasta"... if only it weren't true. Or maybe that is what post-creepypasta is; when, rather than reality informing fiction, fiction now informs reality. You know that old adage--"life imitates art".

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:08 am 
Ghost

It's nothing new. Weren't there some mass murders with perps cosplaying the joker?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:52 pm 
Entity

Well, that's true - the CreepyPasta movement has always included an element of "is this person crazy or is this just a person telling a crazy story." It's natural that there turned out to be some actual crazies in the mix.

Though given the age that's probably not what this was - I don't know any CreepyPasta writers who are 12.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:20 pm 
Ghost

Actually, there are plenty of authprs around 13-14, a couple of them were on this very forum. Also, there are many works on crappypasta.com of "not sure if troll or preteen" variety. However, some authors post links on their youtube channels and their age might be pretty clear.

The thing is that some of them are not so much creepypasta writers (in the original sense of that word), as fans of some memes, i. e. slenderman, jeff, herobrine etc.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:19 pm 
Ghost

One thing that kind of disgusts me is how immediately defensive the "creepypasta community" became. A) While there obviously is some sort of network of people who have come together over their enjoyment of the genre (which I hate even having to call it), the nature of creepypasta kind of compels a sense of isolation and of encountering these tales as an individual. B) I know that most people have bleeding heart disease and feel that it is their duty to express some sort of heart-felt sentiment for the victim(s) involved, but we don't actually feel anything about them. At least, I don't, and I don't buy that so many people tossing around hashtags and yellow roses do. C) It's time we stopped pandering to these prim parents with their adamantium assholes every time they experience an outrage over one of these "national tragedies". They don't get to decide what exists on the internet just because a couple of evolutionarily unfit little girls poked another one with a sharp wedge of metal a few times.

I would say that the original spirit of creepypasta has been wildly skewed and is largely now extinct. we can see evidence of this in the obvious shift of quality that has taken place between the original viral stories and the current static, well-established form. I know it's hard to criticize this in light of what takes place on this very forum, but I have to be honest. I come here to talk to people whom I consider to be interesting and, for the most part, like-minded, but we are never going to have another Candle Cove, Smiledog.jpg, or Calganon Journal if we get all gooey and human about these real-world occurrences. The world of concerned yuppies and clueless news anchors is trying to assimilate us and, immediately in the wake of this stabbing, the major sites have issued severely brown-nosed responses.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I would remain silent as if the whole thing had never happened if I were one of those websites' owners. Not to mention, anyone who gets that passionate about Slenderman, period, probably (I said probably--not definitely) deserves whatever he or she has coming to him or her.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:32 pm 
Entity

Yeah, I certainly don't think that the CreepyPasta community owes the victim anything or needs to feel bad about this in any way. People read and write horror stories and some people are murderers. There was bound to be some crossover between this community and murder at some point.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:28 pm 
Phantasm

How can you stab someone 19 times in the torso and not kill them?

Worst Slenderman recruits ever.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:56 pm 
Ghost

I would say that sort of substandard ability to get the job done is factory-installed in Slenderman fans.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 am 
Ghost

And now they put age restriction on creepypasta sites. This is kinda ironic seeing how many stories were written by teenagers.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:09 am 
Phantasm

Teens trying to come up with ideas that will scare other teens.

We
're al
l j u st
te e n s he r
e, r
i
g h

t?

Report this post