It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Terror Tortellini.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on a lot of content because you can't see it. By joining us, you will have access to these areas and other features as well. Maybe we're talking about you behind your back and you can't see it because you want to be anonymous. I get it; I really do. But come on, being a member means you can add to the conversations. What do you have to lose? Signing up is free. So give it a try and join up.

Post subject: Come One, Come All.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am 
Entity

In an effort to help generate some more activity and traffic for the forum, I have gathered together a few project ideas for everybody to potentially help with. In this way, you have ideas to work with if you want to and multiple choices at that. Read them over, think about them, let me know if you want to help, let me know which are good and which are terrible, etc, etc. These are completely voluntary, of course, but if you join up, be prepared to do some work for it. Anyway. Here goes:

1. A Terror Tortellini anthology for creepypasta / horror stories. The idea here is to gather together new stories from the forum's various writers in one project. It could be for a Kickstarter-like thing where we self-publish our own physical book or it could be for an ebook (like on the Kindle or the Nook). Or both. Or whatever. Any money from it could go towards doing more for the forum itself. The details are certainly up for discussion.

2. A new blogspot aimed at bringing creepypasta back to its roots. The idea was inspired by The Midnight Society from "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (so there's a bit of nostalgia factor there, I guess). On that show, each member of the group took turns telling a story and each individual had a common theme or element to their stories. That's kind of what I want to do with this project: have a certain number of names presented as members of this fictional group, each with their own theme or story element, that people can write the oldschool flash fiction/short short stories style creepypasta for. It'd be a sort of semi-open source project, meaning anybody could write and submit stories for posting, but they'd be writing for one of those names (so technically you wouldn't get credit for the story; the name you wrote the story for would).

For example: Say one of the names is Wilson and Wilson's theme is ghosts. Anybody could write and submit creepypasta (one of the flash fiction variety from the old days) about ghosts, and if accepted, it would be posted and credited to Wilson instead of the person who wrote the story. So lots of different people could potentially be Wilson. Sort of anonymous in a way.

That's just the basic idea, of course, so anything about it is up for discussion.

3. A collaborative webcomic. This idea is more of an off-topic sort of project (although the idea of a creepypasta-based webcomic is interesting to me as well). Basically, get some members together to do the writing and some to do the drawing and the readers could even participate by giving suggestions for stuff. Or whatever you want. This one is really completely up to everybody to discuss and collaborate on, but it seemed to me like a decent project for our Off-topic Talk/Number University/Department of Redundancy Department sort of members.

4. A lost episode themed writing contest. Okay, so this is less of a project idea and more of a pitch for a future writing contest (future as in some time after the Christmas contest that may or may not be coming up), but since I didn't want to make a separate thread just to pitch the idea, I put it in here. What do you all think about it? Lost episode creepypasta (and video game pasta) are kind of really played out, but it would be interesting to see if anybody could actually write a good one for the sake of winning a contest (even if the prizes for it are kind of weak).

That's all for now. Post your comments, suggestions, questions, complaints, and derailings below.

Oh. P.S. The re-opening of the Fairfield project and the making of TT-related merch is still in the works; it's just really slow progress. I swear they will happen. Those ideas are not dead. They're just kind of comatose, I guess. Have faith.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Come One, Come All.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 am 
Made of Glass

I really like all those ideas, although I feel like number 4 could potentially be hilariously bad.

But yeah, I'd be interested in helping/working on 1 and 3 for sure. And maybe the others when they happen.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 am 
Entity

Hooray! Support already.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 am 
Spook

In idea number 2, how bout giving the characters a fake background?
Facebook, youtube account, myspace, **** like that, make people think Wilson is real.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am 
Phantasm

I'm up for helping however I can.

Armthehobos wrote:
because its super easy when youre drinking beer with your ass

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:15 am 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

I like these ideas but will likely be gone before I can do much to help.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am 
Eater of Fresh Oranges

Also I had an idea: what if we had story duels, where two writers were given the same theme or monster, or some other set of requirements, and they had to write against each other and submit simultaneously at the deadline?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 am 
Entity

[quote="ZecaDiabo"]In idea number 2, how bout giving the characters a fake background?
Facebook, youtube account, myspace, **** like that, make people think Wilson is real.

Sounds interesting, but seems like a lot of work. Especially considering how much fake background would be needed.

[quote="Beef Pop"]Also I had an idea: what if we had story duels, where two writers were given the same theme or monster, or some other set of requirements, and they had to write against each other and submit simultaneously at the deadline?

Now that's a neat idea.

[quote="Glass Onion"]although I feel like number 4 could potentially be hilariously bad.

Either way, whether it's good material or hilariously bad material, we'd all still get some entertainment out of it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:40 pm 
Unlimited Blade Works

I wish I could draw well to make #3 a reality.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm 
Entity

I kind of like the idea of #2, certainly the narrator idea isn't a bad one. I would prefer the narrator to be sort of intentionally campy, like The Cryptkeeper or The Old Witch or something, something to make the fake personality interesting.

On this topic, at some point I am going to launch a shared RP setting (assuming that you are OK with the concept, Vaughn) to run in parallel with whatever games we have going.

Essentially I'm going to treat it as an open source world where I will write narrative posts in which I create characters who do things, and to which other people can freely add their own characters (with some limitations/rules which I'll set up).

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm 
Entity

That sounds good to me, Krypto.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:40 pm 
It that betrays

Vaughnikins those are all awesome ideas. I'd like to contribute at some point.

you thought you'd never shed a tear
so this must astound
it must confound you
buy a ticket for the train
hide in a suitcase if you have to
this ain't no singin in the rain
this is a twister that will destroy you

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm 
Ghost

Broseph would like to contribute to this.
I think the webcomic sounds pretty jazz, so i'd be into helping with that.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm 
Ghost

1 is definitely the idea I would have the most interest in, although it's also the most ambitious.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:48 am 
Ghost of Perdition

Webcomic!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:01 am 
Entity

Since quite a few of you have expressed interest in the webcomic, I went ahead and created a thread for everybody in Off-topic Talk (it's a sticky and can be found here).

As for the other projects, we'll need to iron out the details of the anthology and I can start putting together the blogspot for the number 2 idea. And the lost episode contest will be some time after the Christmas writing contest.

Either way, I'm glad to see everybody seems to be so onboard with all these.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:13 pm 
Spook

I can't draw for ****, but I've gone far too long without writing, so I'm willing to assist in any way possible.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:49 am 
Creep

For what it's worth, I'd throw in with you lot on any of the challanges. Provided you're prepared to fend off my stilted, uneven writing.

When people tell you something's wrong or doesn't work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong. -- Neil Gaiman

check me out http://www.townofloutre.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:11 pm 
Entity

FWIW I posted the start of my shared RP setting with some rules in the RP forum.

Report this post